Complex Collision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complex Collision

After messing around with the collision of my models, I created a UCX in 3ds max for the collision data. I'm not having problems with it but in the content browser it has "64 COLLISION PRIMS!" written in it. Is this a bad thing? I didn't have this for an other meshes.

I thought that was an update in December release, all meshes say how many collision prims they have if any. I could be wrong.

Comment

Your collision mesh is probably not a very simple shape so the UDK will break that down into separate collision models to keep convexity for each piece. To ensure the least amount of primitives you need to just manually model at the most basic with convexity in mind.

The 64 meshes is not gonna kill your game but if you used that particular model many times it would start getting a problem sooner or later. Doing least complex collisions is always just the best way to do it since collision calculation is one of those things in games you wanna keep that at it's simplest and fastest possible. It can quickly become a problem.

Comment

That's a warning saying you have excessive collision details. Open the mesh in Unreal, and hit View->Collision

Comment

Working...
        X