Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

material toturial (brick texture)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    material toturial (brick texture)

    hi gameMakers ...
    i have a big problem :
    in Material toturial i didn't see anything about levels of making the brick texture in photoshop !!!
    and i made some things with this path in photoshop :
    filter -texture-texturizer
    but when i want to import it a little message box saying IMPORT FAILED !!!

    someone PLEASE help me.
    thank u all.

    #2
    Is the texture you're trying to import a power of 2? ( height/width of 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096,etc. )

    Also, make sure to save it as .bmp or .tga

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by mktwo View Post
      Is the texture you're trying to import a power of 2? ( height/width of 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096,etc. )

      Also, make sure to save it as .bmp or .tga
      well ..... i did all these things but IMPORT FAILED again !!!
      another way ????
      some one just tell me what is this problem ?? why ???

      Comment


        #4
        the power of 2 is correct but UDK can not get higher then 4096x4096

        Comment


          #5
          What format, size and color mode is your image?

          It should be RGB 8bit and it needs to be saved as 24 or 32 bit .TGA. You can use .PSD or .BMP but whatever you decide, you should keep it consistant.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by siscam View Post
            well ..... i did all these things but IMPORT FAILED again !!!
            another way ????
            some one just tell me what is this problem ?? why ???
            Until you tell us what format and size you used, we can't tell you.

            So stop getting angry.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
              Until you tell us what format and size you used, we can't tell you.

              So stop getting angry.
              exactly this :

              size : 300*300 pixle
              format : TGA
              RGB 8 Bit
              file saved as 24 Bit

              i'm using Win 7 ... is there any problem with it ?
              Please just Help me.

              Comment


                #8
                mktwo just told u it must be in powers of two, and you said yes..... yet u have it at 300x300 pixles

                mktwo:
                "Is the texture you're trying to import a power of 2? ( height/width of 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096,etc. )

                Also, make sure to save it as .bmp or .tga"

                Comment


                  #9
                  300*300 pixle
                  There's your problem.

                  Make it 256x256 or 512x512 and it will work. (in this case)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hell Yes !!!!
                    thank u all .....


                    and another question is about Alpha chanel.is this Necessary ???

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X