UDK Games that have viewable maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK Games that have viewable maps?

Does anyone know of games that used the UDK engine that have map files that you can view?

So far, the only two that I know of that let you view the maps are Mirror's Edge and Borderlands. Does anyone know of any more?

Thanks.

There has only been a couple of commercially released UDK games to date.

Mirror's Edge and Borderlands aren't UDK. They have their own respective hacks to let you use the built in level editors.

If you've managed to completely miss Unreal Tournament 3 and Gears of War, which shipped with level editing tools, I have to worry about you a little

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
      There has only been a couple of commercially released UDK games to date.

Mirror's Edge and Borderlands aren't UDK. They have their own respective hacks to let you use the built in level editors.

If you've managed to completely miss Unreal Tournament 3 and Gears of War, which shipped with level editing tools, I have to worry about you a little
      Yea, I know about those. I was talking about non Epic games.

Comment

There are dozens if not over a 100 Unreal Engine 3 games, none of which you can use assets from for the UDK for two reasons, you cant legally use them, and you physically cant because they are not compatible unless you're experienced in modifying such things to make them compatible, in that case you would be able to edit any maps from any game that used UE3 on the PC.

Comment

Here's a list of UE3 games on Wikipedia.

Comment

OK, I think he means to ask the question

"What Unreal [engine 3 i presume] games are out, that include the editor?" or if I wanted to expand on that, I might also ask if there are any games where they don't necessarily include the editor, but maybe the map files can be read by UDK or some other game's editor.

And just because he asked about being able to view the other game's maps and assets, that doesn't necessarily mean he wants to use said assets in his own thing.

When I first got into Unreal, I started picking up every Unreal Engine based game I could find in the cheap bins at any store I went to that had games. I've got a whole bunch of games that I'll never play, but I did tear into them to examine their code, and their assets. I learned a lot more doing that, than I did with the simple game that I got into it to mod to begin with.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like people are releasing editors and such tools with their games nearly as much as they used to, as probably 40-50% of the games that I picked up that were UE2 based had editors with them, and nearly all of them had visible unrealscript.

Add Roboblitz to the list, I believe it included the editor. That makes all 5 that I know of, the 4 listed above + Roboblitz.

On the bright side, last I knew, Trendy is still expecting to release a full editor with all the assets and toolset used with Dungeon Defenders, when the PC version is released.

I'd be interested in knowing others that include tools, as well. I always like to learn from others.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
              Add Roboblitz to the list, I believe it included the editor. That makes all 5 that I know of, the 4 listed above + Roboblitz.
              Forgot about that one

Also, the code is visible for Turok, but there's no editor access.

Comment

Working...
              X