Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing

Hello,
    I was just wondering if anyone else's version of UDK keeps crashing because mine does. I work on a project and right when I'm getting some progress done, it crashes and i continue to send error reports to UDK but apparently the problem has not been fixed. I was just wondering if this problem was universal or if it is just my version of UDK.

,Thanks

Nope; a friend of mine has though. Are you installing the latest release? Does it crash the program or the entire computer?

I would imagine it's a driver issue. Check out if any new display drivers are out and check that you got DX installed right. I've had something similar happen before with a different thing (somehow both DX and OGL were way old, like DX was at 8 something, and my drivers were all the default ones that I had from the disk. Still have no idea how it happened, but from time to time computers can do weird things).

Comment

Can you tell us about your computer, hardware, video card, operating system ver, etc?

Comment

Well my dad told me that i needed to update the drivers on my video card so I'm going to try that first then I'll post my info if the problem continues

,thanks guys

Comment

Crashing

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
          Can you tell us about your computer, hardware, video card, operating system ver, etc?
          Alright the problem hasn't resolved so i'm hoping you guys can help,

I have a Nvidia video card i just updated to the 2011 drivers, i have microsoft windows xp home edition version 2002, i have a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual core processor 5200+, and i don't quite understand what you mean by hardware

,hope this helps

Comment

Crashing

Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut View Post
            Nope; a friend of mine has though. Are you installing the latest release? Does it crash the program or the entire computer?

I would imagine it's a driver issue. Check out if any new display drivers are out and check that you got DX installed right. I've had something similar happen before with a different thing (somehow both DX and OGL were way old, like DX was at 8 something, and my drivers were all the default ones that I had from the disk. Still have no idea how it happened, but from time to time computers can do weird things).
            It just crashes the program, even when just have the UDK program pulled up by itself. And i just updated my video card and the problem still continues to occur.

Comment

Working...
            X