Convert .udk to .ut3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert .udk to .ut3?

Hello, so I was wondering if it was possible to import my UDK map into the UTE, is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Why edit in UTE/UEd? Import the packaged from UEd/UTE into UDK and you're sound as a pound. You can put UT assets in your UDK map.

Comment

It's a long story, but in order for me to make a game, because of content, I would have to make it a mod for UT, not as a stand-alone game.

Comment

You can save your map with the prefix DM- so you make it a deathmatch map for UT. UDK can read UT3 packages, but UEd can't read UDK packages.

Comment

Okay, would you know how to make the UE feel and look more like UDK?

Comment

Well...I know that custom content is definitely transferable between UDK and UT3, I've done that more than one time already. However, to make a whole map UDK-based from UT3, or vice-versa...that would require a headache's worth of transferring everything in terms of having custom content that you may have, they may make you jump through hoops to transfer geometry properly, it's a mess. I've tried doing that, but the results are anything but pretty.

I mean, I'm pretty sure that it is transferable, just so long as it's not a published/cooked map, you may be okay. I'm pretty sure it's up in the air on this one, I'll have to even experiment with a cooked map to back up that theory, tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Alienated Phreak View Post
              Okay, would you know how to make the UE feel and look more like UDK?
              Er.. What do you mean? Like how is that feel?

Comment

Just like key bindings, GUI, etc.

Comment

You mean UEd to look like UDK? If that's the case then.. I don't think you can

Comment

Working...
                  X