Everything gone in Dec UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything gone in Dec UDK

How come in the new version of UDK mostly everything disappeared. All my ground is back to the blue and white blocks, and a lot of my rocks, and my entire cliff facing is gone as well. Even all my water that was surrounding my map is gone.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Heres a pic

You might of been using materials and other assets that belonged to Sandstorm which is one of the maps they removed to include the day, and night jungle level.

Comment

The example assets you were using have been removed from the current UDK build to make space for new content.

Comment

You can still copy the assets from previous builds into the latest build though.

Comment

not a bad idea to clone assets you need into your own package. That also lets you tweak the assets as well. cheers!

Comment

how do you copy over the assets? Sorry I'm a total noob when it comes to this. I have no clue what I'm doing

Comment

I think you can ctrl+c/v them.

Comment

click on an asset in the browser. right click - copy. then you cna change the package location and sub folder as well. (ie put it with your project folders)

This is a great way to take existing effects for example and customize them to your needs.

Comment

thanks a bunch! I'll give it a try

Comment

hey so I tried to copy and paste the assets and it did not work. And Irontaxi I would try what you said, but I have no idea how to change the package location.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

yes , Summit , your problem is I same , I guess EPIC staff want all UDK student to do myself mesh, to create all myself mesh , can't to use UDK offical mesh to create level , must yourself to do it , and cancle the UISCENE , hard to learn the new tech GFX scaleform, all is epic policy .
                      same , my main point is get more profit for epic to everybody.

Comment

what? uhmmm anyway, just go to the older version of UDk and grab all the upk files that are missing and drag and drop them to your new UDK folder in the correct Content>Environtments folder, and it should be ok.

Comment

Load your map in the old editor (you haven't saved over your only copy with the new one yet, right?). Find each asset in the Content Browser, right click Rename/Move. Enter a new Package Name that you're going to move all these assets into. Probably use same package for each one. Save the new package and the map when you're done. Move the new package and the new map to the new editor.

Alternatively, you could just copy over the packages you're missing from the old UDK release, but that might cause things added in the new release to go missing, if they were in the same package files (I don't know).

Comment

ok I think I get it now, I'll give it a try a bit later.

I completely rely on whats in the content browser cause I don't have a clue how to make my own stuff

Comment

well that kinda worked lol. All the assets are in the new UDK Content browser, though some of them have no textures.

Comment

Working...
                              X