Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible? first person rpg?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    is it possible? first person rpg?

    is it possible to make a fallout 3 type game with UDK?

    with stats etc.

    #2
    Oh almighty jezuz... Yes.. yes.. yes.. You can do it, you can do any type of game with UDK, or presentations, or machinima or cool animated videos with cool effects or whatever. And it's not like shake your super cool magic wand with a UDK sticker on it and... boop... a super cool fifth person shooter/banger role super playing inter augmented reality game appears and you get rich and famous.

    Did you at least found out what UDK or UE or a game engine is? That applies to other guys that ask that kind of question too since there are there.. many..

    PS: I'm sad right now because I lost my collection of funny bookmarks at threads like this, but I'll start a new one.. happy face.. beginning with this. Hopefully until the month's end I get a pretty cool collection

    Comment


      #3
      game engine yes.

      UDK and UE no.

      Comment


        #4
        You can make any kind of game that you want. But, you'll need to learn how, since obviously if you are asking that question, you do not currently have any idea how to make any kind of game.

        Comment


          #5
          Why do a typical first person when you can invent second person gaming?

          Comment


            #6
            game engine yes.

            UDK and UE no.
            Huh?

            Yes, you can make a Fallout 3 clone in UDK.

            Comment


              #7
              I'm guessing he's attempting to say that you are wrong Snake.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by johnsonlee1 View Post
                is it possible to make a fallout 3 type game with UDK?

                with stats etc.
                Borderlands was made with UE3. And I can't recall seeing anything there that couldn't be done with UDK.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut
                  Why do a typical first person when you can invent second person gaming?
                  Second person game and Fifth person game = revolution in gaming

                  Comment


                    #10
                    What's fifth person?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      There's no strict definition of fourth/fifth/sixth person. When I was learning Italian they were used to refer to the plural version of First/Second/Third though.

                      So:
                      First person (I) : See and control from the eyes of the main character
                      Second person (You) : See and control from the eyes of another character
                      Third person (He/She/It) : See and control from outside the main character
                      Fourth person (Us) : See and control form the eyes of a collection of characters?
                      Fifth person (You lot) : See and control a group of characters from the eyes of another?
                      Sixth person (Them) : Control a group of people from outside of them (typical rts camera?)

                      I guess fifth person may have been somewhat done in first person rts games like Battlezone?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by immortius View Post
                        There's no strict definition of fourth/fifth/sixth person. When I was learning Italian they were used to refer to the plural version of First/Second/Third though.

                        So:
                        First person (I) : See and control from the eyes of the main character
                        Second person (You) : See and control from the eyes of another character
                        Third person (He/She/It) : See and control from outside the main character
                        Fourth person (Us) : See and control form the eyes of a collection of characters?
                        Fifth person (You lot) : See and control a group of characters from the eyes of another?
                        Sixth person (Them) : Control a group of people from outside of them (typical rts camera?)

                        I guess fifth person may have been somewhat done in first person rts games like Battlezone?
                        my brain just exploded...!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by immortius View Post
                          So:
                          First person (I) : See and control from the eyes of the main character
                          Second person (You) : See and control from the eyes of another character
                          Third person (He/She/It) : See and control from outside the main character
                          Fourth person (Us) : See and control form the eyes of a collection of characters?
                          Fifth person (You lot) : See and control a group of characters from the eyes of another?
                          Sixth person (Them) : Control a group of people from outside of them (typical rts camera?)
                          Eh.. I was speaking in a gaming context
                          It is possible and it is I think "standardized": first person(camera inside the main character), third person(camera outside the main character, following him) , fourth person(free camera, pointing at multiple characters, like in rts, tbs, etc).
                          Second, fifth, sixth.. er.. I just can't imagine.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            isn't 5th person just 2nd person plural? I dont think you call it 5th person since you talk about a group of people but controlling a group of people from an outstanders sight... isnt that just any kind of strategic game? I think every perspective has been done already except for 2nd p. cause that is kinda stupid

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Cap_CHAOS View Post
                              I think every perspective has been done already except for 2nd p. cause that is kinda stupid
                              How dare you say that? Second person kinda stupid?! It's revolutionary not stupid

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X