UDK Legal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You can not release the UDK under a different license than what you got it under, though. So if you want to "open source" your game code, you'll need to provide that game code seperately from the UDK.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Saishy View Post
    You are not allowed to post Epic's Code, you are allowed to post codes that you made.

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
    You can post any of the code. The code provided in UDK is freely downloadable and some parts of it have been for over a decade.

In any case, the code written by yourself in particular is owned by you. You can do what you like with it.

Thanks every one

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can post any of the code. The code provided in UDK is freely downloadable and some parts of it have been for over a decade.

In any case, the code written by yourself in particular is owned by you. You can do what you like with it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
    Ok

So I am setting up a place on Sourceforge where Me and my team can store our game data (Models, Anims, etc.)

The UDK Legal thread does not provide enough information regarding Custom code for the UDK.

I have a pretty dedicated team already. I just i thought I ask this here.

Am I allowed or not allowed to post UDK Code (That me and My team have made) on Sourceforge?

Thank you for your answers.

Ben aka HeadClot
    You are not allowed to post Epic's Code, you are allowed to post codes that you made.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic UDK Legal Question

UDK Legal Question

Ok

So I am setting up a place on Sourceforge where Me and my team can store our game data (Models, Anims, etc.)

The UDK Legal thread does not provide enough information regarding Custom code for the UDK.

I have a pretty dedicated team already. I just i thought I ask this here.

Am I allowed or not allowed to post UDK Code (That me and My team have made) on Sourceforge?

Thank you for your answers.

Ben aka HeadClot
Working...
X