compiling unreal script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compiling unreal script

I want to compile my unreal script using UnrealFrontEnd.But when I select full compile it is compiling only the core game packages.It is not compiling my packages under Development\src\mygame.

Did you add your script package to the EditPackages or ModEditPackages in the DefaultEngine.ini file?

Comment

No I have not added that entry.now I added that and compiled.My package is CluOne and it created CluOne.u. whta is the extn .u?

Comment

*.u just stands for Unrealscript files, you dont need to open them with anything, although you can with notepad or notepad ++ if you so wish. all Unrealscript compiled files use the extention .U

Comment

.u is the extension for compiled script packages. These are packages like any other package, but they are dedicated for holding compiled script bytecode. I have no idea why you would ever try to open one with Notepad or Notepad++ as they are binary files, not text files.

Comment

I have not opened that file.But while compiling I saw that extention.So I just asked.thx

Comment

Have you considered JPadder? I think there may be some extensions for that for UScript, probably. I'll have to look around.
              Erm, no, it was JPadPro, not JPadder, where'd I come up with that? I dunno...but I'm still sure there may be some support for that there.

Comment

Working...
              X