Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making an environment but not sure what to do about it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making an environment but not sure what to do about it.

Ok, So I have been working on this environment on and off for almost a year now. The idea was to use it to practice a bunch of skills associated with environment art and level design. It began as a Warfare map for UT3 then I moved it over to the UDK because of the cool things you could do in it. I have been loosing interest in it over time mainly because I think it is becoming just another environment that might end up being cool to look at. I think I need to have gameplay in this map because I feel that is the next set of skills I need to work on. The problem is that UT3 is not very exciting anymore, no one really cares (or provides feedback) about maps for it.

So if I want to make a map with some singleplayer or multiplayer gameplay in it, what are my options with the UDK? I suppose I could forget gameplay and set up the environment based on a camera that flies through it and simulate pacing and then just work in the source engine or something to come up with a map based on gameplay.

I hope this question makes sense. Also here is the environment:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzNLkzDdHxI
    It has come a ways since that video, but I just cant make up my mind on what I want to do with it.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
Working...
X