how to open .MAT format file ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to open .MAT format file ?

I get some UE3 engine 's .mat file , but I can't open use UDk , and 3DMAX same can't , how to open .mat ?

You don't even know what's in a MAT file.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
      You don't even know what's in a MAT file.
      I know , MAT file is material , usually ues to static mesh or Skeletial mesh surface , but , XXX.mat , how can I import to UDK ? maybe it is 3DMax file , but I use 3DMAX Material editor / get material / libarary / open -> to open the XXX.mat file , not yet to open .mat , so I want to say what software or way to open XXX.mat file ?

Comment

The only thing I see described as a ".mat" file is a MATLAB file, which has absolutely nothing to do with Unreal in any way.

Comment

The supported formats are listed when you try to import. You cannot add support for additional formats to UDK. Convert them externally to a format UDK recognizes and use that.

Comment

You can't use .mat material files in UDK--when you export an OBJ file it'll create a .mat file so when you import the OBJ file into 3ds Max or other programs it'll read the .mat file and create the material--but UDK doesn't support the import of materials

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
              You can't use .mat material files in UDK--when you export an OBJ file it'll create a .mat file so when you import the OBJ file into 3ds Max or other programs it'll read the .mat file and create the material--but UDK doesn't support the import of materials
              but 3DMAX how to import .mat ? I already import the xxx.obj file , but not yet auto import the xxx.mat , how can I do ?

Comment

you're .mat file needs to be in the same place as your .obj file, then you just import the .obj and make sure to import materials as well

Just be aware that materials rarely are able to convert between programs and you might not actually get anything out of it

Comment

Working...
                X