Packaging custom dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packaging custom dll

Hi everybody. I'm using a custom dll inside my scripts. I put the dll file in the Binaries\Win32\UserCode folder but when i package the game and install it the dll is not in that folder inside the game folder.
    How do i make udk package also this dll?
    Thanks

help please.
    thanks

Comment

Merry Christmas
      Please i need help with this problem. Without that dll my game won't work.
      Thanks in advance

Comment

You'll need to install it seperately, as the package installer will not recognize it, as far as anyone I know has found.

Comment

I've found this inside the manifiest.xml file
          Code:
          <FolderProperties FolderName="UserCode">
            <Folders />
            <Files>
              <FileProperties FileName="DO_NOT_DELETE.TXT" Size="0" />
             </Files>
          </FolderProperties>
          adding the name of my custom dll won't help, right?

it would be interesting to hear something from someone at epic about this topic, how are we supposed to use custom dll via DLLBind if we can't insert the dll in the packaged game?
          thanks

Comment

if UDK doesn't provide a way to resolve this problem can i use a different tool to create an installer for my game?

Comment

Did you -try- adding a file to that, and re-cooking and packaging, to see if it would include it? I'm not going to go and build a custom DLL just to try it FOR you (please report back if it does work)

You can use any kind of installer you want, provided that you have the commercial license for UDK.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
                Did you -try- adding a file to that, and re-cooking and packaging, to see if it would include it? I'm not going to go and build a custom DLL just to try it FOR you (please report back if it does work)
                I've never asked someone to try that for me. I'll let you know if i make progress about this but i'm not optimistic in this case.

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
                You can use any kind of installer you want, provided that you have the commercial license for UDK.
                Only if I have a commercial license? Why?
                Thanks

Comment

Well I made a little progress
                  In the file UnSetup.Manifest.xml there's this section
                  Code:
                  <GameFilesToInclude>
                      <string>UDKGame/Config/^Default(.*).ini</string>
                      <string>UDKGame/CookedPC/(.*)</string>
                      <string>UDKGame/Localization/(.*)</string>
                      <string>UDKGame/Movies/(.*)</string>
                  </GameFilesToInclude>
                  I've added this
                  Code:
                  <string>Binaries/Win32/UserCode/blabla.dll</string>
                  <string>Binaries/Win32/UserCode/blabla.xml</string>
                  The result is that the xml is included in the packaged game and the dll is not

Comment

I've done other 2 attempts:
                    1) I've removed all the rules about the Binaries folder in the <MainFilesToExclude> and <GameFilesToExclude> sections. The result is the same as before.
                    2) I've created a copy of my dll in the UserCode folder and changed it's extension to .asd and added
                    <string>Binaries/Win32/UserCode/blabla.asd</string>
                    The .asd file is packaged inside the game (the dll is not, as usual).
                    It seems the UDK is specifically avoiding to package custom dll file.
                    I think we need some help from Epic.
                    Thanks

Comment

Bump
                      Thanks

Comment

Someone could please at least clarify if i can or cannot use a custom installer instead of the UDK installer?

Comment

Yes, you can, if you have the $99 commercial license. I don't have the thread handy, but this was stated by an Epic person on this forum, somewhere.

You can always email licensing@epicgames.com too. They should be back in the office on Monday.

Comment

well I'm creating a game for a university course so I'm not very inclined to spend money on this. Thanks for the responses

Comment

Still need help with this problem, thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X