Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great .. I appreciate your work

Comment

nice work, but I got a question, how do I enter the chopper? I tried using "E" keybinds and its not working plus there is no collision when I walk towards the chopper, my just penetrates the mesh, my game extends to gameinfo, is that a concern, ty

Comment

its based on UTVehicle and i tested using UTGame, pawn and controller.
        so yes extending gameinfo could be your problem.

Comment

oki, thanks tegleg

Comment

Just a blanket Thanx! for Heli and All your contributions tegleg !

Comment

Hi, I am working on a project. Which absolutely requires for me to be able to remove the main chopper blades from ontop. Does anybody know the easiest way to do this?
              I have tried expirementing in the physics and animSet editors in the UDK and also in 3ds Max. It appears that the mesh is all one object, but there must be a way to perhaps draw a box, and delete everything in that box (the blades) and leave the rest of the chopper as is, atleast that is my guess....

Incase you are curious I am an intern and I am creating a whiteroom and I need to use a chopper as my test vehicle. I am working on brining in a vehicle that the team has ownership of, but for my own ( temporary )purposes it would be great if somebody could instruct me how to remove them, thanks.

Comment

the main blades on top are 'removed' on this heli by scaling the blade bone to 0.
                i dont have the script here to tell you exactly where but a trace is made between 2 sockets, one in the centre and 1 on the end of a blade.
                if something blocks the trace the bone is scaled to 0 and a dynamic static mesh of a broken blade is spawned.

edit:
                if you mean you dont want the blades on from the start then yes select the blades in 3ds max and press delete.

Comment

In max i exploded the group and deleted the propellors. Now back in the udk i have the heli skel mesh with no propelors and it is placeable as so. However when i play in editor, the blades are somehow there!!!???
                  Too me this seems quite bizare, as a beginner I feel like it makes no sense. I would assume they re-appear in real-time because of an animation or something.

Comment

that is bizare indeed.
                    are you sure you overwrote the correct mesh?
                    what exactly are you trying to do?

Comment

Is there a button to decrease the height of the heli? If not how can i do it?

Comment

space = up
                        c = down

just like the cicada

Comment

Hello Tegleg, I just download your helicopter and it work , but the 3d Max model included No , can I ask you , which version of 3Ds Max you Need to open it? Because I have the 2008, 2009 and 2010 but No one can open de Max file .

So thanks for reply , thanks a lot ! Bye.

Comment

3ds max 2011

Comment

Ok thank you!

Comment

What am i doing wrong? I got it in the UDK, i can view the mesh and all this, but i have no idea how to actually get it functioning? Not very advanced at all this, so help is appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                X