Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was planning on making all my iOS apps with the UDK...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was planning on making all my iOS apps with the UDK...

But I will not be using a Windows computer (aka paper weight) to do it. I understand the trouble with porting the UDK over to Mac OS, but now with the iOS capabilities it is time for change. Any iOS developer, and aspiring ones like me, use Xcode for making apps. Xcode is on the Mac. These developers don't have a Windows computer, and even if they did why would they take the time to make an intricate and amazing app with it. They can easily save time and make an app in Xcode.

Expand your priorities to making the UDK available for Mac OS. More people will make games with your development software, and more people will pay for licensing. It's a win (you), win (us), win (Apple) situation!

but when you upload your app to apple store is very hard , so many many many ...... step to do . ID / KEY / PORTAL / Certificate ... etc , I guess if you try to upload your game , you maybe giveup upload.

Comment

UDK is only for windows

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=754559

Comment

Yeah it doesn't make much sense to me either since UDK doesn't run on Mac...It would have made much more sense to add support for Google Android first before targeting the Mac audience...

It all seems a bit backwards or rather not really well thought out?

Comment

Or since all you have to do is develop it on a Windows machine then transfer it to a Mac (the real paperweight) to upload, you could realize there's very little extra work to be done.

Comment

I heard epic were considering porting UDK to the mac but they couldn't find enough witch doctors...

Comment

Originally posted by ckravitz View Post
              Any iOS developer, and aspiring ones like me, use Xcode for making apps. Xcode is on the Mac.
              Xcode is redundant, because you're working in UnrealScript. Most windows application developers work using Visual Studio as their IDE. Most Unreal developers use notepad or similar.

Adapt.

Comment

Working...
              X