Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can EPIC add the old UIscene system to UDK ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some level kismet using UIscene , and the Official Tutorial : TOP DOWN GAME is using more UIScene , so I hope the UDK 2011 add the old UIscene System . because more level must use old uiscene .
    Old UI SYSTEM and SCALEFORM together integration to UDK , this is best. because more people yet to use Old UISCENE SYSTEM. I hope UDK 2011 can integration together the Old UI SYSTEM and SCALEFORM .

Youll have to stick to older versions of the UDK to have UI scenes, they removed it for a reason

Comment

but old ver UDK can't build iOS game , and can't create scaleform UI .
      so I hope EPIC can add the old UI system to UDK 2011-01 , more people yet to use the old UI .

Comment

Top down game is NOT an official tutorial, never was.

Comment

Originally posted by stevenchau View Post
          so I hope EPIC can add the old UI system to UDK 2011-01 , more people yet to use the old UI .
          Tough. Deal with it.

Comment

Stop trolling the forums. You know this. Practically no one wants to use the old UI.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
              Stop trolling the forums. You know this. Practically no one wants to use the old UI.
              but I some level kismet already use more old UIscene . if epic intergration together the old ui and scaleform , this is perfect.
              everyone can choose use old UI or scaleform, but now must use scaleform.

Comment

They dropped the old UIScene for a reason, because if they didn't and kept adding features they would also need to keep testing UIScenes to see if new code doesn't break it.

Besides what's the point of having 2 different tools for the same goal? I don't see a point in having 2 content browsers, or material editors, or anything for that matter.

Scaleform is in the end a far more versatile tool that enables the end user to create truly great UIs with far better interactivity with the game itself rather than a 2D plane slapped on a 3D world. Atleast now those 2D planes simulate 3D effects.

Get someone who knows flash, or learn flash yourself, I've seen a lot of great starter scaleform tutorials floating around so no lack of support there.

Comment

oh, but, Wanderer, we do have 2 content browsers, the old UT3 one is still in there somewhere. hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wanderer View Post
                    They dropped the old UIScene for a reason, because if they didn't and kept adding features they would also need to keep testing UIScenes to see if new code doesn't break it.

Besides what's the point of having 2 different tools for the same goal? I don't see a point in having 2 content browsers, or material editors, or anything for that matter.

Scaleform is in the end a far more versatile tool that enables the end user to create truly great UIs with far better interactivity with the game itself rather than a 2D plane slapped on a 3D world. Atleast now those 2D planes simulate 3D effects.

Get someone who knows flash, or learn flash yourself, I've seen a lot of great starter scaleform tutorials floating around so no lack of support there.
                    Thank you.

Comment

everyone can choose use old UI or scaleform, but now must use scaleform.
                      Nobody forces you to use Scaleform. A coder is always free to implement a classic HUD with the Canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
                        oh, but, Wanderer, we do have 2 content browsers, the old UT3 one is still in there somewhere. hehe.
                        Damnit, didn't knew that .

Actually I've even forgotten what the old UT3 content browser looks like :P

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
                          Nobody forces you to use Scaleform. A coder is always free to implement a classic HUD with the Canvas.
                          how can I input the classic HUD to UDK ? with the Canvas ??? what is the mean ?

Comment

It's not done with a graphical interface, you have to do all in script by writing a custom HUD subclass for your gametype and then draw tiles and text in functions called by PostRender on the screen by submitting all necessary coordinates yourself. Use the search function, it's been discussed here already.

Comment

Working...
                            X