No announcement yet.

iOS support coming this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is conveniently happening right after I returned to UDK with tons more experience in game design, and also having been frustrated with Unity. Ughh, I hate that engine, and I am so glad this is coming out Will there be a simplified process like an addition to Unreal Frontend, or will I have to transfer the (xcode?)file to my mac and build it from there, which will most likely have stupid errors?

Comment

Make sure you have read this: http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...28&postcount=5

Just a general programming note, Pending no 9am release of the December build (and IOS update) the IRC release party will continue as planned. I will be holding a this shin dig on IRC and be waiting then installing the December build and giving it a run down. I welcome anyone to show up. Use the link below to visit IRC and mingle with other guests and regulars.

If your sexy and you know it, on Thursday (The 16th of December), click this link and get on the party: http://udkc.info/index.php?title=IRC_Chat

Flak never got back to me with a release time, So I figured, what the hell I'll make the most of the day with the people who matter most

At the release party there will be e-cake, e-hookers, fans, regulars and lolcats. Famous personalties might stop by as well Doubtful any devs - but I'm looking at you Marky Mark! and your funky bunch minions

Release parties are always fun because you get to socialize with people whom share your interests and passion. You also get to witness (in some cases) the tremendous power a community holds, but never sees. It is my hope many people show up and make their presence known, and perhaps even shout loud enough that Mark or a minion gets dragged in

I can't wait to sink my teeth into the December build

Comment

Question: Do i need to have an Apple iOS developer account to debug and test my work, or can i hold out on purchasing such account till i want to release my iPhone App on the App store?

Comment

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
          Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking.
          Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.
          Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Comment

Do i need to have an Apple iOS developer account to debug and test my work
            If you want to test it on device - yes. It's 99$ for a year to get certificates from Apple.

(I think that there should be some official iOS FAQ when release will be ready :P )

Comment

On the Android side, Rein says the Epic plans to eventually to offer the Unreal Development Kit to developers on Google’s mobile operating system. But he says that Android is “just not there yet.” Some of the current problems include limitations on an application’s file size and the complexity of developing apps across the many different variations of Android on different smartphones.

The Unreal Development Kit for Apple devices will include tools for advanced 3-D rendering, lighting, animation and other effects. Another feature will enable the iPhone or iPad to become a wireless controller, with full touch and tilt functionality, for playing games on a PC. In addition, the code and content behind Epic’s demo game Epic Citadel will be available to developers.
              http://blogs.forbes.com/oliverchiang...android-later/

Comment

You might want to reload the main page :-)

Comment

or the forums, who had it first

Comment

Haha, touche!

Comment

But we are still missing the official thread from Flak.

Comment

Working...
                      X