• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iOS support coming this week

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2010/12/...o-iphone-ipad/

Outstanding, I'm So Excited to test my maps on my ipod touch

Comment

Seems a bit odd that it would be announced on a blog first.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
        Seems a bit odd that it would be announced on a blog first.
        yea its weird but its the wall street journal which is a business man's mag

Comment

Epic have linked it on Facebook also, seems legit.

Comment

its legit.
            http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/UDK/183744733429

Comment

Not that you need anymore confirmation but i hadn't seen this thread so Dana's tweet got me excited #http://twitter.com/#!/danacowley/sta...29206709620736

Comment

Now OpenGL, Linux and Android.

Comment

Will it be free like UDK for windows (anyone can download it), and what i will need to build an app and run it on my iphone? Mac os and iphone sdk? Or ill got ipa package as output from UDK for iphone?

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
                    Now OpenGL, Linux and Android.
                    iOS version of UDK might very well be OpenGL (and most likely is), so that's not too far off.

Anyone else realizing this is going to cause an implosion of people looking to release shovel ware onto the app store in order to make a quick buck? Hopefully the vetting process will be good at sifting out those idiots.

Those of you with way more patience than mortal men will need to be on deck to handle the noobie threads that will show up.

Maybe someone needs to compile a "Beginners guide to UDK" thread that links to all the good tutorials and the such.

In any case, This is WAAAAAAAAAAAY sooner than I expected for them to put this out. It gives me this warm fuzzy feeling when Epic shows it's putting their best feet forward UDK wise.

Comment

Just remember the old adage in comp sci:

The cutting edge is often the bleeding edge.

Comment

I'm so excited about this!

Comment

Originally posted by mark rein View Post
                          i'm so excited about this!
                          i cannot contain my excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mark, can You describe app making process in UDK for iphone? (I dont want to sell my game, I just want to run it on my own iphone.) I download free UDK, make map,scripts, etc. , compile it with UDK and have ipa file as output? (or folder, containing xxxx.app and other files) Please answer me = )

Comment

Great news!!

Pending release time infomation from Flak I will be hosting a release party in UDKC's IRC at #UDKC.Gamesurge.net. It will be chatting, waiting and first hands on as the link gets released.

UDKC's IOS page will also be updated when new information becomes available. Currently it is summarizing all known content to this thread. Use to pass along to everything that is known in a single page. With that said if you stumble along any other sources of information please use the forum PM or email feature.

Here is hoping our minds are blown! I've been waiting for this like a giddy little school girl.

Comment

Working...
                              X