[Update 2] Plug n Play Big Van Thing / FireTruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hello Tegg, sorry for ressurecting this thread, but I must thank you for this code, it's really helping my with my game course conclusion game (we don't have programming there, so don't worry), and I will obviously specially credit you for this.

I am messing around with the values, and I will try to attemp to do an Handbrake input (Even through my programming knowledge is next to zero), also I discovered that the code that they used for vehicle in the course lacked some lines of code from the Scorpion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TB0Y298 View Post
    What line do i have to add to UDKGame/Config/DefaultEngine.ini ?
    Something like this?? +EditPackages=Vehicles
    Please reply
    You shouldn't have to add any +EditPackages as the scripts go in UTGame and UTGameContent, which should already exist in your DefaultEngine.ini

You may have had the same issue I did though; UDK just loaded up normally after placing the scripts in the correct folders. I double checked and had the correct file extensions and everything (I've also done script work in these directories without this issue).

What solved the problem for me was simply re-saving the files over the old ones (no changes, same file names), and for some reason that made UDK realize there were new scripts in there and it asked me to rebuild them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What line do i have to add to UDKGame/Config/DefaultEngine.ini ?
    Something like this?? +EditPackages=Vehicles
    Please reply

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. mess with TorqueVSpeedCurve
    this might help http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...r-own-vehicles
    2. http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ehicle-Cameras

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Tegled!(I must to tank you so much for you shared stuff!)

So, I have configured the car for me, based on your big van,but i have 2 "problems":

1 - How I can make the car gears more "bigger"?
    2 - The camera is bouncing, and this is not making me happy..

Tanks! (and sorry for possible bad English...That is not my "original" language...)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I fixed the problem if anyone interested in that here is the solution :
    Just delete all sockets and create a new one using the mainRoot and called GunViewSocket

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What this means ?

simulated event SuspensionHeavyShift(float Delta)
    {
    if(Delta>0)
    {
    PlaySound(SuspensionShiftSound);
    }
    }

And also that ?
    HeavySuspensionShiftPercent=0.0;
    Can any of this help me fix the problem ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi everyone,
    I have the same problem as Gentle and i can't find a way out here i have tried to delete SuspensionHeavyShift Line i got a part of the problem fixed but the camera never stop shaking and the sound of the vehicle get weird it work sometimes and somitemes not
    Any help will be grateful thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    for k**f sake. sorry GG but you need to learn to help yourself.
    open the vehicle scripts and search for suspension.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Help please.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    could be SuspensionHeavyShift sound
    Where would I find "SuspensionHeavyShift" in which uc file is this line located?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    could be SuspensionHeavyShift sound, hard to say without hearing it. either change the soundcue to none or trace back in the code to where it is actually payed and delete that.

mind telling everyone how you got the driver to show up?
    since its hard to find and all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GentlemenGraphics View Post
    Big sound problem

I have changed all of the default sound cues to my own custom ones but for some reason, or another, an incessant sound still plays it sounds like a tractor going chuu chuuu chuuu not a train but a constant bump bump its stupid and I have no idea on how to get rid of it. Seeing as your the master on UDK, to me , and that this is your vehicle I'm wondering if you know.
    I really badly need help on fixing this quandary. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Big sound problem

I have changed all of the default sound cues to my own custom ones but for some reason, or another, an incessant sound still plays it sounds like a tractor going chuu chuuu chuuu not a train but a constant bump bump its stupid and I have no idea on how to get rid of it. Seeing as your the master on UDK, to me , and that this is your vehicle I'm wondering if you know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I managed to get it working in the end, and without the need to search for anything, all by myself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X