[Update 2] Plug n Play Big Van Thing / FireTruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Cheers, I did try setting the camtype in the defaults and postbeginplay but it still wouldnt work. I fixed it in the end though! I only wanted camera mode 5 so I removed

if (CurrentRot != IdealRot)

From that case and it works ok now may not be the best way of fixing it but it worked haha

Leave a comment:

• replied
    when you first get into the vehicle the cam should stay where it is, i have 3rd person view on my pawn so it works ok. the camera code is in TeglegVehicle_Base (or similar :s)
    look for VehicleCalcCamera().
    if you want it following straight away either:

put in PostBeginPlay()
    CamType=1;

or make a cam for camtype 0

the camera modes are seperated by cases, ie
    Case 0:
    // your new cam
    Break;
    Case 1:
    // blah....
    Break;

hope thats not too confusing, it is supposed to be something to learn with.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've implemented the camera system which works except that when you get into the vehicle the camera is under the ground until the mouse is moved, then it goes to the correct position. Any ideas?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just tried out the camera modes. excellent work, teglag
    and props for releasing so other can learn from it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thank you wanderer
    iv been trying to work that one out for ages

updated the first post. new script and folder layout. old model with 6 materials still.
    hopefuly there will be no warnings this time

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not sure if anyone has answered yet, but the reason why you have 6 material inputs is because, when exporting, you had 6 uv channels. Just go back to max, select all polygons and set the material ID on 1 and export again and you're good to go

Probably you made the model out of small segments, rigged that, then attached everything and then skinned it correct? I have had the same issue a couple of months ago, don't know why max made multiple material IDs but it's just a small fix.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    right ok thanks

ill change that particle back to the scorpions

you need a socket called 'GunViewSocket' for the camera, one of the camera modes uses this sockets exact loation, so put it where you like, on cars i have it on the bonnet/hood.
    but it does actualy stay static when you first enter a vehicle, press V to follow the car

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Code:
    D:\UDK\UDK-2010-08\Development\Src\Mafia\Classes\TegVehicle_Fire_Content.uc(106) : Warning, ObjectProperty UDKBase.UDKVehicle:VehicleEffect.EffectTemplate: unresolved reference to 'ParticleSystem'VH_TegVehicles.Effects.PS_Booster',EffectTemplate_Blue=ParticleSystem'VH_TegVehicles.Effects.PS_Booster',EffectSocket=Booster01)'
    D:\UDK\UDK-2010-08\Development\Src\Mafia\Classes\TegVehicle_Fire_Content.uc(106) : Warning, Invalid property value in defaults:     VehicleEffects(0)=(EffectStartTag=BoostStart,EffectEndTag=BoostStop,EffectTemplate=ParticleSystem'VH_TegVehicles.Effects.PS_Booster',EffectTemplate_Blue=ParticleSystem'VH_TegVehicles.Effects.PS_Booster',EffectSocket=Booster01)
    D:\UDK\UDK-2010-08\Development\Src\Mafia\Classes\TegVehicle_Fire_Content.uc(107) : Warning, ObjectProperty UDKBase.UDKVehicle:VehicleEffect.EffectTemplate: unresolved reference to 'ParticleSystem'VH_TegVehicles.Effects.PS_Booster',EffectTemplate_Blue=ParticleSystem'VH_TegVehicles.Effects.PS_Booster',EffectSocket=Booster02)'
    D:\UDK\UDK-2010-08\Development\Src\Mafia\Classes\TegVehicle_Fire_Content.uc(107) : Warning, Invalid property value in defaults:     VehicleEffects(1)=(EffectStartTag=BoostStart,EffectEndTag=BoostStop,EffectTemplate=ParticleSystem'VH_TegVehicles.Effects.PS_Booster',EffectTemplate_Blue=ParticleSystem'VH_TegVehicles.Effects.PS_Booster',EffectSocket=Booster02)
    hmm ...seems to be only missing particle stuff :/

edit:
    Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    in TegVehicleFactory_Fire
    this line:
    VehicleClassPath="TeglegRace.TegVehicle_Fire_Conte nt"

TeglegRace should be the name of the folder where TegVehicle_Fire_Content is located
    eg. if its in UTGame change it to
    VehicleClassPath="UTGame.TegVehicle_Fire_Content"
    its showing up in game now! but...some weird stuff is happening probably because i didn't set up the physics-assets/skeletal controls properly. camera is far and static...but i can drive around (i commented out some lines in the seats part of the code because i didn't set up a socket/control for it in the animtree >_>).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    iv seen a problem, ill wait for some more feedback and update it

in TegVehicleFactory_Fire
    this line:
    VehicleClassPath="TeglegRace.TegVehicle_Fire_Conte nt"

TeglegRace should be the name of the folder where TegVehicle_Fire_Content is located
    eg. if its in UTGame change it to
    VehicleClassPath="UTGame.TegVehicle_Fire_Content"

if the vehicle does show up in the editor but not in the game its usualy 1 or all of these things:

the problem described above
    do a frontend full recompile
    script files need to be in the same places as the original, UTGame and UTGameContent (i only get this one with cicada mods)
    materials referenced in The script are not there in the editor (spawnmaterial, teammaterial...) shouldnt be a problem with this vehicle

hope someone can use it

@Dn2 what were the warnings you got?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    getting it to show up in the editor and not in game...i probably messed up somewhere

somebody with Nov is gonna have to try it :|

edit: it compiles in august with a few warnings

Leave a comment:

• replied
    as long as they keep the tegleg logo on thats fine
    so it compiles ok in august, good. no warnings at all?
    thats what i was woried about

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, we'll see in a few months / a year, when everyone using your models release their games ;D

j/k

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey thanks for jumping on it everyone
    its made with nov build so the package probably wont work with older ones

yes i pride myself on the quality of my models lol
    no they are just for learning/testing, i expect people to make their own using this as a base
    do people do that with my vehicles?
    you very welcome of course to use them as they are if you want

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UTGame seems to be in EditPackages already.

compiles on the Aug build...just the vehicle package isnt loading (not loading on Dec09, may and aug)

ill try using importing the model from the 3dsmax file...after i eat lunch...and report back...unless someone does it first >_>

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Dn2:
    It's possible that in May UDK, you have to add UTGame to EditPackages. At least, that happens to me some releases.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X