[Update 2] Plug n Play Big Van Thing / FireTruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I was joking and way over my head when I wrote that. I've already apologized to the honorable gentleman and I've been forgiven . It was more of a joke then a nasty comment. Please help me I just have this one problem with the wheels (tires).

Thank you Gaz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    origionally posted by gentlemengraphics.
    "I'm quite the expert on vehicle implementation. It's a shame for you because I will not be sharing. Anyone else care to help this poor chumb. I think not ; )"

if this is how you reply to others seeking help,why do you expect anyone to help you?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Tyres on the car are too high; how would I make them be set at a lower height. Some help please TegLeg? : /

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TorqueVSpeedCurve is the gearbox (kind of)
    AirSpeed and GroundSpeed
    MaxSpeed is for the top speed

LongSlipFactor and LatSlipFactor in the wheels objects
    make WheelLatAsymptoteSlip a high (12 or something) number to be able to hold big drifts

if you make the vehicle placeable you can play with the values in the editor
    ei
    class tegvehicle_blah_content extends tegvehicle_blah
    placeable;

drag it from the actor browser onto your level and double click it (or f4) to open the properties

Leave a comment:

• replied
    read the first post, it has 6 cameras

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm not a coder so sorry if there is an obvious answer for this. I placed the vehicle in game and when I go to enter the vehicle it places the camera in a set spot and doesn't follow. The controls still work and the vehicle still moves but the camera just stays where it is.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks for the code and everything tegleg. Was racking my brain out trying to figure out how to place custom vehicles into udk.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    look in the actor browser under Vehicles
    drag TegVehicle_Fire (or whatever its called) onto your map

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How do i put in a level? just loaded the package and tried to put ingame, but its only shows the model, i canĀ“t interact and there is no collision.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wanted to share the code that gave me a fixed camera (not a bouncy camera):

Code:
    var name CameraTag;

simulated function bool CalcCamera( float fDeltaTime, out vector out_CamLoc, out rotator out_CamRot, out float out_FOV)
    {
         local vector SocketLoc;
         local rotator SocketRot;

Mesh.GetSocketWorldLocationAndRotation(CameraTag, SocketLoc, SocketRot);

out_CamLoc = SocketLoc;
         out_CamRot = SocketRot;

return true;
    }
    Code:
    defaultproperties
    {
         CameraTag=YourSocketName
    }
    Thanks to Tegleg of course.

Also, this is a bit off topic but the answer might be helpful for those who view this thread. Does anyone know what values the editor pulls for things like pawn speed? I noticed a dramatic difference in testing between the editor and the UDKMobileLift.exe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    case 1 is more or less the same as in the scorpion, so just copy it from there.
    cases do run independently, thats the idea of using cases.

working on a tutorial right now
    atm ill do,
    using a socket location
    chase cam
    sidescroller

anything else?
    If hardattach is possible with this (such as using camera actors), I'd like to know how to do that. Also, the ability to move the camera location via code, instead of relying on the relative location of the socket.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    case 1 is more or less the same as in the scorpion, so just copy it from there.
    cases do run independently, thats the idea of using cases.

working on a tutorial right now
    atm ill do,
    using a socket location
    chase cam
    sidescroller

anything else?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    this vehicle is extended from UTVehicle and the mobile stuff doesnt have these classes unless you include them.

im guessing the error is in Fbase?
    its probably this line
    P = UTPawn(Seats[SeatIndex].SeatPawn.Driver);
    you would change it to your pawn
    P = YourPawn(Seats[SeatIndex].SeatPawn.Driver);

the seats array is set up in UTVehicle in InitializeSeats()
    theres lots of calls to ut classes so it might be a bit of a nightmare to sort out without them.
    the socket is defined in fire_content
    Seats(0)={( //blah..
    CameraTag=GunViewSocket,

i might actually do a vehicle camera tutorial (using my mobile car) cos this comes up a lot in the forum.
    How would I go about using a single case? I am not sure what is important from case 1, or if cases differ and run independently.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this vehicle is extended from UTVehicle and the mobile stuff doesnt have these classes unless you include them.

im guessing the error is in Fbase?
    its probably this line
    P = UTPawn(Seats[SeatIndex].SeatPawn.Driver);
    you would change it to your pawn
    P = YourPawn(Seats[SeatIndex].SeatPawn.Driver);

the seats array is set up in UTVehicle in InitializeSeats()
    theres lots of calls to ut classes so it might be a bit of a nightmare to sort out without them.
    the socket is defined in fire_content
    Seats(0)={( //blah..
    CameraTag=GunViewSocket,

i might actually do a vehicle camera tutorial (using my mobile car) cos this comes up a lot in the forum.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am trying to get this to work in the Mobile environment and I am coming across and error with the UTPawn. The compiler error is as follows, "Error, Unrecognized type 'UTPawn' "

Also, for the seats array, where do I setup the number of seats in the code? I noticed in the 'TeglegVehicle_FBase' file, the seat array is only called, never defined. Furthermore, how do I define my socket of choice, for the camera location. I might be skipping it, but I am pretty sure It is also not in that FBase file.

Thanks Tegleg for the files and I hope I can sort this out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well done
    theres nothing wrong with a good bit of hacking to make it work how you want.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X