[Update 2] Plug n Play Big Van Thing / FireTruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i really dont want to make your game for you. did you even try searching?
    im sure its at least in that thread called [Tutorial] Simple Vehicle. there is everything you would want to know in there.

also get youself a copy of wotgreal and use the search in that, this is how i and many others find things out.

heres a clue
    bAttachDriver

edit:
    and i dont mean just ask in that thread, read it.
    beet me to it Shindawg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GentlemenGraphics, search for Geodav's tutorials on the net (he may have them on his profile too). Also, stop trying to make people do things for you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The next day...

I still can't find any threads or posts. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Could you just please post the setup required. You are a great man that helps the community everyday, with your content, tutorials and post/thread replies, so can you just give me a break and give me a simple but through explanation. Remember my game will feature you and your company logo in the game's credits.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok
    Click Advanced Search, you will find it at the top right of the page and it looks like this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	search.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	3248548

then type in what you are looking for and press search. you can order by relevancy.
    if you dont find what you want on the first page or 2, repeat the proccess using slightly different wording.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can't find any; links would be helpful. Maybe you could even tell me how. PLEASEEEEE?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    try searching for that one its been answered many many times.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks TegLeg. Last quandary now : ) how do I have the player seem like he is sitting in the car like the the character is actually in the vehicle sitting down; how would I do this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the different cameras are changed with an int variable called CamType (or similar, was a long time ago i made this)
    so in probably PostBeginPlay() put
    CamType = 1;
    or whatever number. (1,2,3,4,5 maybe)

the cameras are split into cases in VehicleCalcCamera(), ie -case1, case 2, case3 ....
    and CamType refers to these.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks TegLeg it works but upon entering at first the camera starts far away until the camera change input "V" is pressed. So, how do I make the camera start by being behind the car straight away without the need to press V thanks. : )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    some of the cameras use the location of a socket called GunViewSocket.
    add this to your vehicle and put it where you want.
    double click the skelital mesh, on the window that opens go to the menu - mesh - socket manager - add socket.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay fixed that. But, how do I have my camera be behind my car? It is to the far left side of the vehicle not behind as it is suppose to be.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    move the wheels lower in the modeling program.
    if its only a bit you could try making the suspension firmer.
    WheelSuspensionStiffness

dont think anyone appreciated your joke there GentlemenGraphics.
    were all in the same boat fumbling our way through udk and that kind of thing is no good for anyone.
    glad you appologised

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ive just had a quick look through the code and bone offset in the vehicle file doesnt seem to work,so im guessing that would have to be altered in your editing program.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was joking and way over my head when I wrote that. I've already apologized to the honorable gentleman and I've been forgiven . It was more of a joke then a nasty comment. Please help me I just have this one problem with the wheels (tires).

Thank you Gaz

Leave a comment:

Working...
X