Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by poozipotti View Post
    obviously :/ Ive started projects in the past that were too epic in scope for me to accomplish, anyone have any pointers for me to learn? i am willing, this is something that is a goal for the future, something to work for.

EDIT: is my idea good or not?
    Keep it real, small projects, small ideas.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for replying everyone! (crushing my dreams lol) I shall start training camp now!

Edit:would sharpness be hard to detect, couldnt it just be based on the thickness of an object?
    Considering that you would already have to make those objects--I don't think you need some sort of automatic system to identify objects as a weapon, you could easily just input the data yourself

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for replying everyone! (crushing my dreams lol) I shall start training camp now!

Edit:would sharpness be hard to detect, couldnt it just be based on the thickness of an object?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is my idea good or not?
    It's usually more about the way you execute the idea, than the idea itself. So, even if an idea might not sound good, it could work out great if you put it all together in a good way.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    obviously :/ Ive started projects in the past that were too epic in scope for me to accomplish, anyone have any pointers for me to learn? i am willing, this is something that is a goal for the future, something to work for.

EDIT: is my idea good or not?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The step never taken is the path never completed. However as noted here, there is a lot of learning before your going to get where you need to go.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you should probably read this article :
    http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blo...iplier_of.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow you really have your work cut out with that one.
    youll need a **** load of custom code.
    get learning unreal script.
    good luck

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are you serious?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic no skills but an idea

no skills but an idea

I have never before used UDK, modelled, and only know basic programming. my basic idea is to have a god's avatar set loose in the world. you are an invincible goliath, and you are placed in a small rural town. basically n open world game where everything is destructible and their are no rules. I plan to implement some sort of dynamic weapon system, if you pic up a stop sign the pole would be detected as blunt, the sign itself sharp, and the range detected. As more damage was done to the the town the sky would darken and cracks would start emerging in the ground. eventually the ground would split open and demons would issue from these cracks to hell. the combat would be unique because enemies and yourself would be invincible (this idea is shaky, dealing with dismemberment, maybe taking it out altogether) and to defeat enemies/be defeated creative way to trap them would have to be imagined. problems i foresee are spamming of some thing that players find effective against demons, or not enough change in gameplay.
Working...
X