No announcement yet.

Poll: Quake III HD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly, but I did just create a Quake LIVE account, and now I don't really see a reason to do a remake. lol

Comment

It's kinda already been remade in UT3 if you look at all the remade Quake maps. The movement system in Q3 sucks anyways, so unintuitive and weird. Come on, circle strafing?

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
        The movement system in Q3 sucks anyways, so unintuitive and weird. Come on, circle strafing?
        I used that tactic last night in COD: Black Ops to kill enemies. Realistic shooter my ***.. :P (then again, I use it in SWAT4 as well in MP, works everywhere, god bless id software for training PC gamers in such arts of.. dodging bullets).

Anyways, looks like Alienated Phreak will get addicted to Quake LIVE soon so another job well done. Move along, nothing to see here.

Comment

True, I'm addicted now, I just played some matches last night, and, its not as good as the original quake but it has a lot better graphics, and there are more people online.

And I have moved on actually, hehe, I'll post some progress soon.

Comment

Originally posted by NikSha View Post
            I used that tactic last night in COD: Black Ops to kill enemies. Realistic shooter my ***.. :P (then again, I use it in SWAT4 as well in MP, works everywhere, god bless id software for training PC gamers in such arts of.. dodging bullets).

Anyways, looks like Alienated Phreak will get addicted to Quake LIVE soon so another job well done. Move along, nothing to see here.
            You can do that in cod? wtf

Comment

Quake 3 seems to have already been remastered slightly with quakelive, which is one of my favorite games btw.

With that said I would LOVE for some form of a competitive free fast pace shooter like quake made with the UDK, infact I'd definitely be willing to join in on a team willing to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elude View Post
                I would LOVE for some form of a competitive free fast pace shooter like quake made with the UDK, infact I'd definitely be willing to join in on a team willing to make it.
                I am in the same boat and looking to join a team to make an "old school shooter" with modern day graphics.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=751645

I havent updated that thread but have new "concepts" and have started work on a weapon set for my game.

Comment

Quake3 is one of my all time favorites, it'd be great to see it remade.
                  however after playing more advanced games like CounterStrike Source with locational damage and headshots (even if the pace is different), going back to just rocket-aiming for the feet seems weird

Comment

Originally posted by Chosker View Post
                    Quake3 is one of my all time favorites, it'd be great to see it remade.
                    It was called Quake 4, whose only real difference was some slight weapon changes.

Comment

Q3A was awesome, I have loads of great memories playing it and some of the mods it had. I think my fav mod from Q3A was Urban Terror which imo could have been the next counter strike, but I dont think it gained enough popularity.

Though I wouldnt remake Q3A because it wont satisfy most modern FPS gamers. It was a very simple and fast paced shooter, and I dont think most modern gamers would be able to play it. Plus I dont think ID software would allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                        It was called Quake 4, whose only real difference was some slight weapon changes.
                        I think the movement and physics of quake 4 was altered more then its weapons with the inclusion of crouch sliding.

Aside from actual differences in gameplay, quake 4 lacked any type of atmosphere to me, and it had horrid player animations, worse then quake 3s!.

Originally posted by Havoc89 View Post
                        Q3A was awesome, I have loads of great memories playing it and some of the mods it had. I think my fav mod from Q3A was Urban Terror which imo could have been the next counter strike, but I dont think it gained enough popularity.

Though I wouldnt remake Q3A because it wont satisfy most modern FPS gamers. It was a very simple and fast paced shooter, and I dont think most modern gamers would be able to play it. Plus I dont think ID software would allow it.
                        I don't think anyone in there right mind would plan on a fast pace shooter being a hitter, but something fun, and competitive. Modern players don't have to enjoy your game or play it for that matter. There is no need for a UDK game to meet the popularity of MW2 or any other big triple A game, quakelive has a very small community but it's still very active.

Your second argument I can agree with, I highly doubt ID would ever consider letting anyone create a UDK based game of Quake.

Comment

Working...
                        X