Custom Meshes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Meshes

I already know well enough how to import custom meshes into UDK but the problem lies within the program I used to create the model. I already tried the 3Ds Max forums to no response so I'll post here. I basicly have a multi-step model, unassembled. I am disallowed to "attach" objects but instead use "assemble" which performs the job equally well but morphs the entire shape into a "luminaire." From luminaire, I am unable to UVW map and or reshape the assembled creation as a mesh.

I need a way to assemble the shape as one and apply UVW mapping as a whole before listing the shape as a mesh and importing over to UDK.

Why do you say you are not allowed to attach the meshes? That should be the proper way to combine multiple meshes into a single mesh inside of 3dsMax.

Comment

The option is simply grayed out, only leaving me with assemble. I'm claiming BS on this one.

Comment

I think the Attach you are talking about is from the Group menu.. right?. That is not how you attach objects together to a single mesh, that attach in there is to add an object to an existing group. It's a similar idea but not the same thing.

You can Disassemble your assembly so all objects are separate, select them all and right click and convert to editable poly or mesh. Just to make sure they all are, unless you know they are. Then select one of the models and go to the menu on the right hand called "Modify" and look for Attach in there. It'll be in the "Edit Geometry" rollout. That's what you use to attach models together into one mesh.

Comment

Hot ****, and I thought I was screwed out of reconstructing the Umbrella research facility from both RE2 and Outbreak! You know, the team who created 3Ds Max really should have put some thought into that one. It seems like such an easy mistake to have made.

Comment

You mean Autodesk? Yes - let's call them a team.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSpyda04 View Post
              Hot ****, and I thought I was screwed out of reconstructing the Umbrella research facility from both RE2 and Outbreak! You know, the team who created 3Ds Max really should have put some thought into that one. It seems like such an easy mistake to have made.
              What does that mean?

Comment

He did something wrong and I guess Autodesk should have put more thought into it. I'm pretty confused.

Comment

Working...
                X