How to/can you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to/can you?

I'm new to UDK, and I'm liking it so far. However something that is bothering me is the FPS.. I know unreal is a FPS game/engine, but i was wondering if we could convert the FPS into a RPG-ish game? I kinda want to create my own single player RPG from this, and was wondering if it was possible?

Yes, there are several RPGs being created with Unreal along with many other genres also.

Comment

Okay thanks for your answer. Now my main question is, how do I go about it? Like, changing the GUI/UI... the gameplay mechanics. I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, but keep in mind im just askin, I probably wont start on a full project later on. I mean, is there a tut on how the coding works? or how to actually use the code?

Comment

Yes to get started read the documentation. There is a button for it at the top of the page. Also watch the 3d buzz video tuts. They are great. Tower defense is a UDK game that is available for you to look at even though it isn't RPG it still will help you out in some areas. I highly recommend developing your skill set and joining a team that is working on a RPG to gain experience before venturing out on your own.

Comment

I am currently watching the videos - hence why I said this will not take effect in awhile. I'm mearly want to learn all there is about UDK - kinda. And how to use it. In a sense, I'm a fast learner and try to take too much too far before I actually know what exactly I am learning, what I think I get may completely twisted and only be half right, LOL.

But, I did skim the coding part of the docs and I didn't really see anything helpful on it about actually working the coding.

But for your last advice, how EXACTLY would I get to doing that, when I'm ready of course. I know of no one who actually uses UDK or any companies using it. So how would I go about searching for a team?

EDIT: Also when you said Tower Defense, did you mean dungeon defense?

Comment

Yes I meant Dungeon Defense.

There are thousands of people using UDK. Check out the help wanted section on these forums. It is called Got Skills? Looking for Talent?

Comment

Looking over these .uc files... its kinda confusing me, sooooo i think ill look for a tut for it

Comment

I asked this on one of the other threads too, but I've got a new wide screen and I can't get the game to view in wide screen? Is there something in options? I can't figure it out.

Comment

Posting that on EVERY THREAD will not help you, boardready.

Search for the "ConsoleCommands" document under "Documentation".

Comment

Working...
                  X