doubt about the UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doubt about the UDK

I'm thinking of creating a game, but I'm with a doubt: UDK only makes shooting game? If yes, then I'll write some great suggestions that will ease a lot of people's lives. Or put swords, bows and arrows etc.. For there are people who do not like shooting game, ie, the UDK is going to be harmed. I'll write another topic talking about suggestions.E excuse the evil English.

Thanks to Attention
    ALA

Originally posted by Ala View Post
    I'm thinking of creating a game, but I'm with a doubt: UDK only makes shooting game? If yes, then I'll write some great suggestions that will ease a lot of people's lives. Or put swords, bows and arrows etc.. For there are people who do not like shooting game, ie, the UDK is going to be harmed. I'll write another topic talking about suggestions.E excuse the evil English.

Thanks to Attention
    ALA
    LOL, anyways UDK game be used to make any type of game.

Comment

udk comes with a shooting game, that doesnt mean thats all it can do.
      you can make any game you want

Comment

As far as I know, the only genres who don't have any Unreal Engine-powered games are racing games, sports games, management games, and music games

Comment

Originally posted by Mougli View Post
          As far as I know, the only genres who don't have any Unreal Engine-powered games are racing games, sports games, management games, and music games
          thats absolute nonsense
          all these games are being made right now, take a look at what people are doing on this forum or search youtube for udk
          im making a racing game myself

you can make anything your heart desires if you have enough patience, knowledge and skill

Comment

Originally posted by tegleg View Post
            thats absolute nonsense
            all these games are being made right now, take a look at what people are doing on this forum or search youtube for udk
            im making a racing game myself

you can make anything your heart desires if you have enough patience, knowledge and skill
            Sorry I meant commercial, released games. And I never said you couldn't use UDK to make a game from the listed genres.

Comment

ok point taken

Comment

Originally posted by Mougli View Post
                One of the first commercially released Unreal engine games was a Wipeout clone. I believe there's a baseball game out there using it too, but I couldn't name it (not sure if it was / is released).

Comment

Some sports and racing games using the Unreal engine:

- Blitz: The League 2
                  - TNA iMPACT!
                  - Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
                  - Black College Football Experience
                  - Zumba Fitness

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...l_Engine_games (which is incomplete)

Comment

Okay, I didn't know about those games. Well then, I stand corrected, every game genre has a game made with the Unreal Engine

Comment

I don't think anyone's done a music game :P

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Polge View Post
                        Some sports and racing games using the Unreal engine:

- Blitz: The League 2
                        - TNA iMPACT!
                        - Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
                        - Black College Football Experience
                        - Zumba Fitness

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...l_Engine_games (which is incomplete)
                        can't you guys check the list for correctness etc..
                        (an officially checked document)

Comment

Ignore my earlier thread made: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=752894

Actually you can put an answer there as well, depending.

Like i said in my thread, I'm new to UDK and really don't know what its capable of ATM. And I am wanting to make a RPG-ish game, kinda like torchlight from PWE or maybe something like diablo 2 (except 3D)... It will be single player of course and will take me extremely while to make/develop see as im a student..ish.. not quite yet, but i will be in a few months. I just want to get a head start AND get ahead and start developing on my own.

MY main question is, how would I go about making a RPG style game in UDK? Like how do i change the GUI, and all that??

Comment

Working...
                          X