How can I make a Online Game??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aldaron07 View Post
    There is no "account". They are saying that you need to be mindful (or you need to take into account, or you need to take into consideration, etc) that you are developing a multiplayer game and need to design around that instead of designing things as you normally would for a single player game.

Things like making some or most hallways and walkways wider so two players can comfortably move around each other while playing, having areas where both players will be doing a lot of action be generally more open so they can run around, having enough AI for them to play with instead of having not enough because there's two or more players instead of one, that sort of thing.
    sry im from german so i think i don't understand all do you mean that I should design the map so that its good for a multiplayer game ?? (It will be good if you can answer in german if you speak it)

Comment

That is what he's saying, yes.

Comment

ok and when i made a map witch is good for a online game can i really easily make the game run steam and play online??? (when my friends also run steam) or should i enter something special in the frontent setup

Comment

It's not that much different from a single player game. You need to take into account that there will be multiple players though, which is a huge difference in the layout of the level. Hallways need to be wider, areas need to be more open, and things like level streaming become a lot more complicated. If it's a death match kind of game then there will likely be minimal AI, but cooperative games will require the AI to be that much more adaptive, the levels need to be designed with these things in mind. Here is some reading material for you to go over, it's a general overview of how networking works.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/NetworkingOverview.html

My ****ty translation into German (aided by Google):

Es ist nicht so viel anders aus einem Einzelspieler-Spiel. Sie müssen berücksichtigen, dass es mehrere Spieler werden aber, was ein großer Unterschied in der Anordnung der Ebene. Flure müssen größer sein, brauchen Bereichen offener zu sein, und Dinge wie Streaming-Ebene zu einem viel komplizierter. Wenn es ein Spiel des Todes Art von Spiel, dann wird es wahrscheinlich minimal sein AI, sondern kooperative Spiele erfordern die KI zu sein, dass viel mehr adaptive, müssen die Ebenen, um mit diesen Dingen im Kopf entworfen werden. Hier sind einige Lesestoff für Sie zu gehen vorbei, es ist eine allgemeine Übersicht über die Vernetzung funktioniert.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadseldyx View Post
            yes there is a internet tab but think this wont work (somne from youtube told me that) are you shure that this works ??
            Rather than listening to what people say on Youtube, why don't you try things out?

Comment

This may be off topic, but I have a new wide screen and I can't get the wide screen game view? I may be making this more complicated, but I don't get it. Anyone know how to change this?

Comment

Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut View Post
                It's not that much different from a single player game. You need to take into account that there will be multiple players though, which is a huge difference in the layout of the level. Hallways need to be wider, areas need to be more open, and things like level streaming become a lot more complicated. If it's a death match kind of game then there will likely be minimal AI, but cooperative games will require the AI to be that much more adaptive, the levels need to be designed with these things in mind. Here is some reading material for you to go over, it's a general overview of how networking works.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/NetworkingOverview.html

My ****ty translation into German (aided by Google):

Es ist nicht so viel anders aus einem Einzelspieler-Spiel. Sie müssen berücksichtigen, dass es mehrere Spieler werden aber, was ein großer Unterschied in der Anordnung der Ebene. Flure müssen größer sein, brauchen Bereichen offener zu sein, und Dinge wie Streaming-Ebene zu einem viel komplizierter. Wenn es ein Spiel des Todes Art von Spiel, dann wird es wahrscheinlich minimal sein AI, sondern kooperative Spiele erfordern die KI zu sein, dass viel mehr adaptive, müssen die Ebenen, um mit diesen Dingen im Kopf entworfen werden. Hier sind einige Lesestoff für Sie zu gehen vorbei, es ist eine allgemeine Übersicht über die Vernetzung funktioniert.
                if you dont speak german let it be English is better for me than googlish
                the link wont help me really mutch and i dont whant to know how i have to create my lvls i whant to know how i can bring my game online when i finished the maps so would it work if me and my friends just run steam and host a server (build the game as a singelplayer game) or should I do anything else

Comment

Run Steam, use the existing Host and Join menus. If that doesn't work, come back and see us

Comment

Working...
                  X