How can I make a Online Game??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I make a Online Game??

I think the Title says everything. I've surched in youtube and google but I can't find anything pls help

Well, that's quite a broad question.
    One thing you should at least know about is replication.

Oh, and please remove the tutorial tag, it isn't for requesting tutorials, but for posting them.

Comment

Basically, by NOT using code that only works in a standalone game. Can you be more specific as to what you are questioning?

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
        Can you be more specific as to what you are questioning?
        I whant a tutourial or something like that about how to make a Online Game that I can play with friends (I think It works with Steam but I dont know exactly) and how can I remove the Tutourial tag??

Comment

Originally posted by Quadseldyx View Post
          and how can I remove the Tutourial tag??
          Edit your first post, click "Go Advanced", then remove the tag.

Comment

k thx but I still dont know how to make a online game

Comment

It's not as easy as asking 'how do I make an online game?'. There's so many different variables in that question that need answering before anyone can even begin to help you.

You're going to have to do a lot of research into uScript before you can even start designing an online game. If you want software that can quickly create an online game for you and your friends, then I'm afraid you have the wrong engine. If you're willing to put a lot of time and dedication into it, then you may have the perfect engine.

Comment

k thank you but i've seen some vids where it says play online via steam so can't anyone tell me how I can make that ore i think in the feautures of this website says that it will work with steamworks.

Comment

You have to talk with valve about getting you game on steam, but the implementation is done for you however.

Secondly, what kind of game do you want to make?

Comment

I whant a tutourial or something like that about how to make a Online Game that I can play with friends (I think It works with Steam but I dont know exactly) and how can I remove the Tutourial tag??
                    This works right out of the "box", if all players are on Steam and have their Steam clients running, one hosts a server, it should show up in the Internet tab.

Comment

You make it kinda like you would a single player game, but take into account that it's a multiplayer game and design it accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
                        This works right out of the "box", if all players are on Steam and have their Steam clients running, one hosts a server, it should show up in the Internet tab.
                        yes there is a internet tab but think this wont work (somne from youtube told me that) are you shure that this works ??

Comment

Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut View Post
                          You make it kinda like you would a single player game, but take into account that it's a multiplayer game and design it accordingly.
                          where can I find "account" and thank you all for the much answers

Comment

Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
                            Secondly, what kind of game do you want to make?
                            ego shooter

Comment

where can I find "account" and thank you all for the much answers
                              There is no "account". They are saying that you need to be mindful (or you need to take into account, or you need to take into consideration, etc) that you are developing a multiplayer game and need to design around that instead of designing things as you normally would for a single player game.

Things like making some or most hallways and walkways wider so two players can comfortably move around each other while playing, having areas where both players will be doing a lot of action be generally more open so they can run around, having enough AI for them to play with instead of having not enough because there's two or more players instead of one, that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X