Packaging a game with a mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packaging a game with a mutator

(Not sure which sub forum this belongs in, sorry if it needs to be moved)

I'm trying to package my complete game, which has a custom mutator in it. When I play the game just with normal cooking & compiling, the mutator works fine. However, when I package the game, only the standard mutators (that come with UDK) appear on the list, and my mutator does not appear.

How do I make sure the mutator gets packaged with the rest of the game?

I assume (hope) it's simply some option or checkbox I'm overlooking in the FrontEnd.

In one of the INI files, ther'es a section for Packages to Force Cooking .. also I've heard of people having to place the script packages in the CookedPC folder to get it to package them ..

Comment

I found the section in UDKEngine.ini and added the folder to it I wanted to be forced to package, however that did not seem to work.

So I took your second suggestion and copied the folder to the CookedPC folder. However, I copied the full folder structure GravityGrenades/Classes, which contains my three .uc files. This also does not work, but I might imagine I should put them in a different folder structure, or perhaps should I just have them freefloat in the CookedPC folder? Also, should I add the .ini's and .int's associated with them?

Comment

I also realized something just now... I'm not sure I have script "packages" so much as 3 scripts (.uc's), with associated .ini and .int files. Is this what is meant when you say script packages? I have noticed that other scripts are only the .u extension. Should I find some way to "package" them first, or is that unnecessary?

Comment

To get .u files, you just compile the code.
          Though I'm not entirely sure if that will get you what you need, I'm no expert!

Comment

hello

This post may help you.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...08&postcount=4

and there are other posts about your question in this forum.

Comment

DefaultEngine, not UDKEngine. Default inis are the ones used for packaging.

Comment

Okeydoke, I tried modifying lines in DefaultEditorUDK.ini, DefaultEngine.ini, and DefaultEngineUDK.ini, but nothing yet properly keeps the mutator when packaging. The mutator does show up in the scripts folder before packaging as a .u file when I compile, but upon packaging the game, installing, and playing it, the mutator still does not show up in the menu.

Any other possible places that I might move the script file to, or any other UDK ini files to edit?

Comment

Working...
                X