Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UDk and Steam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    UDk and Steam

    Did someone try to download UDK with Steam? It just didn't work for me, maybe it isn't only a problem of mine

    #2
    Since when could you download UDK through Steam, and why would you want to?

    Just download it from the website.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by ambershee View Post

      Just download it from the website.

      This !

      Comment


        #4
        Steam won't magically have your UDK.

        Comment


          #5
          Well, Steam tools are there for a reason. Since it is possible to DL other tools like Source SDK, having UDK on Steam should be good for Steam features, like auto update. Strange thing that it doesn't work.

          Comment


            #6
            I read somewhere on these forums that when you download UDK from Steam, you actually download a text file with a link to the UDK downloadpage.
            Not entirely sure this is true though.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by mktwo View Post
              I read somewhere on these forums that when you download UDK from Steam, you actually download a text file with a link to the UDK downloadpage.
              Not entirely sure this is true though.
              Yes, it also comes with this picture in the package.




              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Lirian View Post
                Well, Steam tools are there for a reason. Since it is possible to DL other tools like Source SDK, having UDK on Steam should be good for Steam features, like auto update. Strange thing that it doesn't work.
                No it isn't.

                The steam tools are there for releasing it on steam.
                If steam has not given you a steam license, of course it won't work.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by mktwo View Post
                  I read somewhere on these forums that when you download UDK from Steam, you actually download a text file with a link to the UDK downloadpage.
                  Not entirely sure this is true though.
                  It's true, I personally tested it.

                  Originally posted by Saishy View Post
                  Yes, it also comes with this picture in the package.


                  [IMG*]http://exc.net.ru/img/coolface.png[/IMG]
                  Ha Ha Ha ! Exactly !

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Lirian View Post
                    Well, Steam tools are there for a reason. Since it is possible to DL other tools like Source SDK, having UDK on Steam should be good for Steam features, like auto update. Strange thing that it doesn't work.
                    That is bad idea. Many of the items that are updated might overwrite whatever project you are working on. That's also why each project has its own install of UDK.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X