Max AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The most significant performance hit of AI are their behaviours, such as path finding routines. 100-300 odd skeletal meshes isn't going to incur any real performance hit if they're well LOD'd.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please note that having that many AI on screen and active at once will cause drastic slow downs on most computers, thus making your game pretty much unplayable.

Learning to manage and edit a crowd system is your best bet, I can't really help you because the crowd system just got a pretty large overhaul and all the tutorials are mostly out of date.

Good luck with your project though!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok so having 256 Ai is possible
    I will continue to learn this fantastic Engine so !
    Thx Ambershee

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AI do not need to be players, and don't have to count towards the player limit. You don't have to use crowds - these are not good for representing AI characters.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    maximum is 64 players, utbot/utpawn is a player
    to get lots of bots use the crowd system, you can have hundreds no problem

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Max AI

Max AI

Hi everybody ,

I'm struggling to find info in order to know if i can use UDK for my project.
    Assuming that I do my own package, will I be able to get 256 AI bot ? (in the maximum case ^^) They would be slower than normal UI and use mostly melee weapon.

I'm asking that cause I've seen multiple time the limit of 32 or 64 max non player bot : /

I've even tried to change this limit in DefaultGame.ini and even BaseGame.ini
    with the line "MaxPlayers=" but this don't work. I guess that's not the good variable ^^

Thanks for any reply ! 8^)
Working...
X