UDK free to release games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK free to release games?

i have heared from one that, when you make a game and get profit you need to pay Epic, but when you make it completely free, that it is then free to be published?

it this true? or is it more like, you can make a game for free but need to pay epic to put it on the web for free download?

thanks for helping , this will help we with preparation for my game.

Review the following:

Comment

http://udk.com/licensing - Please read

The UDK is also FREE for non-commercial use. Feel free to use the UDK to make any application (game or otherwise) for free distribution. No additional license (beyond the EULA) is required. Just go for it.

Comment

So i can release a game for free without paying $99 or £50 for a license just aslong as it's none profit?

Comment

Yes. Why do people have such trouble understanding the license?

Comment

I think it's just the fear of being placed on a pike for public display that has everyone seeking affirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut View Post
              Yes. Why do people have such trouble understanding the license?
              Beats me i showed it to my cousin who is like 15 and he understood all the terms :L

Comment

Well I mean it's laid out there pretty plainly now. I mean it's not even confusing really, there's not any legal jargon. It says right at the top "Free for non-commercial use."

Comment

sorry for the problems people, i just wanted to be sure, , but now i know.

Comment

Working...
                  X