Problems with udk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with udk

It asks me to terminate the program with this code (0x0000005)

I think that code has something to do with corrupt registries.

Comment

Great, now tell us about your computer. Processor, ram, video card, operating system, etc.

Comment

And fix the registry errors.

Comment

amd 2.20 ghz 64-bit(32-bit windows xp) 1.00 GB of ram nvidia geforce 7300 gs (getting geforce 8000 gt of Christmas)

Comment

Originally posted by kufusonic View Post
            amd 2.20 ghz 64-bit(32-bit windows xp) 1.00 GB of ram nvidia geforce 7300 gs (getting geforce 8000 gt of Christmas)
            also Service Pack 3

Comment

a new 8000 series? 8000 series are what, 3-4 years old now? more? A full top of the line 8800 might rival some decent modern cards still, but you can get DirectX-11 capable cards for under $100, and really decent ones for $200-ish. (this being told to you by the guy that just "upgraded" to a used 8600 that someone gave him .. )

I'm guessing if you only have a gig of ram, you're probably using a single core processor too, basically your specs are pretty old. I'm guessing that your Windows install is pretty old, and is probably pretty jacked up. I'm going to start with UnspoiledWalnut's suggestion -- run software like AdAware,Malwarebytes, and HijackThis to make sure that you aren't loaded with junk software, run a decent Registry Cleaner (CrapCleaner does pretty well at that without going too overboard). After all that's done, make sure that any realtime virus scanning software has real-time scanning disabled, and then try it again.

You will definitely be wanting to upgrade your hardware in the future.

Comment

Working...
              X