Bad problem is bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad problem is bad

I've been making some generic factory-like map and the BSP stage is almost complete. However, I'm experiencing a problem where I may not do as much as flip textures. That, and the entire interior of the map gets deleted everytime I click build all. I was hoping that someone could help. It also crashes if I try messing with the textures now. Why would it do this so late into the level building process? I need a solution!

My best advice is to upload the map somewhere for other people to see if they can replicate the problem.

Comment

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a9gqke should be the download link. I need the problem resolved by at least the end of saturday. This is because I have class on monday and must finish up what I've done.

Comment

Did you originally construct this level of yours as a subtractive type map and ported it over to a newer UDK build?

Comment

I constructed this map through the October 2010 UDK beta through and through. There was no involvement between porting. I do figure that the term "beta" itself is enough to explain this issue. I just wish there were a way to resolve it and fast. I had been saving and building multiple times, a good number before this came up.

Comment

All of your Subtractive brushes are missing, I'm guessing you might've accidentally selected them all, and deleted. It appears to disappear because there is no longer any light inside any rooms where there isn't a Light, because the walls are blocking ...

If you turn on "Unlit" display, then you can move the camera through the different rooms and see they are still there, and if you go to the Brush Wireframe display, you can see it's all blue additive brushes.

Comment

I take it that the yellow lines were the subtractive brushes. I deleted them all because they were in the way. So what would be my best bet? I imagine that if I tried to clear out the room then everything inside would be deleted and I would be forced to start from scratch.

Comment

You can Subtract more space, just put the builder brush where you need your doorways, and hit Subtract

Comment

I think if you have the overall map memorized then you should go ahead and start Static Meshes, so much easier than having to deal with the dependencies of BSPs.

Comment

XD I swear that I'd be freaking blonde. I actually made an alternate save to my flashdrive back when everything still functioned properly. In theory, I could just take that save and everything should be fine. TG for luck, eh? I just hope that whatever went wrong stays right.

Comment

Working...
                    X