No announcement yet.

Game Length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there have been marketing studies that point out that certain people are whiling to pay x amount of dollars because the game provides x amount of playing time. You should do some research to learn more about the subject.

I don't know how relevant that info is for a small mobile game that sells for 99 cents. I've spent 99 cents out of mere curiosity.

Comment

99 cents? Mine cost like five bucks!

Comment

90% of mods fail, so in the end this is most likely never to come to fruition

So as Blade notes: Just make the game that you want to play. From there you achieved more then 90% of the populous.

Comment

Originally posted by heron3d View Post
          there have been marketing studies that point out that certain people are whiling to pay x amount of dollars because the game provides x amount of playing time. You should do some research to learn more about the subject.

I don't know how relevant that info is for a small mobile game that sells for 99 cents. I've spent 99 cents out of mere curiosity.
          Like COD MW2? The campaign was less then 6 hours, but still, it got over 1 billion $$$green guys$$$
          There are a lot of games with campaigns longer than 6 hours, but they don't get even 0.1% of COD's revenue. So it's not about length at all, it's about juice.

Comment

Originally posted by zephonwing View Post
            That's a brilliant way of putting it.
            LOL, greate quote.

Thanks

Comment

well the games aren't the same

an MMO/RPG/STR are The longest due to their complicated gameplay (they can take several days/Months)

FPS/Action/Adventure games are shorter (few fours) but it's Fun

it depands on the kind of the game

(sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Working...
              X