Custom Addons place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Addons place?

Hey, i'm new to UDK, but learing my way around it quite fast. i was just wondering though. you guys know how garrys mod has it's own dump area for thousands of addons that can added to the game? I was wondering, does UDK have ap lacel ike that too? A plce where people openly share custom textures, weapons, materials, and meshes??

if so, could i get a link to it please?

Not that I know of. I haven't played Gary's Mod though, so I am not entirely sure what you're talking about.

Comment

He is looking for a Community run content database. To which the reply is no content database has been made, yet.

Comment

That's a shame... maybe everyone doing UDK tutorial sites should get together on one of those.

Comment

There's a fair amount of free stuff on Turbo Squid, and some other sites out there.

Comment

I know Facepunch, gmod.com etc. And really, UDK doesn't work that way.

You can't just download a couple of files and place them in your game, and that's it.
            You don't have a list of plug-n-play addons.

Comment

No, but you could have a depository of rigged models, static meshes, examples, ect.

Comment

See the LinkedIn conversation on this matter

This is somthing I really would like to do in time. I don't think this community will grow like it should without a solid collection of resources.

I've been grabbing some of the better sites here: http://udkc.info/index.php?title=UDKC:Collections

nothing great at the moment - I bet however if even 5% of the people posted their favourite book marks, that page would be godlike in a day.

Comment

Working...
                X