Stance on WOTgreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stance on WOTgreal

It's a gelatinous piece of garbage. I had issues with it not copying/pasting my code properly, but now it's moved my code around to an unusable state. If I hadn't backed up my work, I would've taken me probably a week to get it back...in anger!!

Dump WOTgreal. That is all.

I haven't really used it. It's the IDE for scripts isn't it?

That sounds kinda like a user error to me though, rather than a flaw in a functionality.

Comment

its totaly ace! it speeds up the learning process no end
      even though not everything works properly i never had any problems like that, thats bad

Comment

Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut View Post
        I haven't really used it. It's the IDE for scripts isn't it?

That sounds kinda like a user error to me though, rather than a flaw in a functionality.
        This is not user error. I only copied/paste 4 lines of code from one function to another, something I've done in notepad++ lots of times (or just in notepad) with no problem. However, when I did this in greal, all of my if statements were out of whack, as well as the rest of my code.
        Instead of:
        Code:
        if(blah)
        {
        blah blah
        }
        I saw:
        Code:
        blah blah
        {
        if(blah)
        or something like that.

Bottom line for others: Backup your code regualarly, and be extra careful using WOTgreal.
        Bottom line for me: It could burn in Tartarus, I'd rather use pen and paper.

Comment

Working...
        X