Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with move to actor (solved)

Hello,

i try to get my enemy paw on a patrol via kismet. i have a list of navigation points wich is checked if a point is in line of sight, then transfered to another object list. then i randomly access the list and give this object to the move to actor node.

it works for some time, then the enemy gets stuck oscillating between 2 points an i dont know why. the move to actor node is always abording. nothing is blocking the pawn, the navigation lines are green an the are more then 2 possible nav points around.

how can i figure out where the abort is caused?

Why not use the abort link on the node to do something? Also, what's the actor the pawn is moving toward?

Comment

It may be getting stuck in a loop, the kismet. A picture of your Kismet would help.

Comment

I tried making the pawn move toward my player and it didn't work in kismet. Just doesn't.

Comment

Move to pawn doesn't work. Hasn't been working for a very long time now. Move to a pathnode should work just fine.

Comment

my enemy pawn is walking from one pathnode to another, not to another pawn. once arrived at a pathnode the random function gives the move to actor a pathnote in range. sometimes its works, but most the time the gets stuck between 2 points. the enemy pawn walks around a bit, like he should, then the move to actor aborts ever other movement but betwenn the 2 points (like in the picture). i cant figure out why. sometimes he moves on, sometimes he doesnt.

Comment

Did you label the nodes and use show name output or something like that? It will tell you what the pawn is doing when it's doing your sequence. It's a pretty good debugging method.

Comment

I think i found a solution. i let the enemy pawn walk only 1 pathnode at a time, this means he cant see a pathnode thats more than 500 units away. the pathnodes have to have more or less than 90° to each other (?!) also the move to actor doesnt like pathnodes that ar connected to an other pathnode and the pathnode behind it.

i know it sounds a bit strange, but it works now.

Comment

Working...
                X