Infinity Blade trailer released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infinity Blade trailer released

Prettiest iPhone game ever? - I think so!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4MTa...layer_embedded

Powered by the Unreal Engine, Epic Games’s Infinity Blade has just been teased in an official trailer, and might just be the best-looking iPhone game ever.

Infinity Blade is the iPhone game that has been spawned from the Project Sword concept that was shown-off at Apple’s September press conference, where iOS 4 was unveiled. The Epic Citadel tech demo for the project suggested that we had a full-3D roleplaying game to fawn over, but this trailer suggests Infinity Blade is more action-oriented than you might have thought.

The trailer still dubs the game an “RPG”, but the action sequences look more like a one-on-one fighter than a sprawling fantasy adventure. The roleplaying elements would appear to consist of buying new equipment for your warrior, rather than anything more involved, but this is only the first trailer after all, so there could be more roleplaying goodies in store.

Simplifying the game would make sense from a technical point of view though. In the Epic Citadel tech demo, there were no characters, only the beautiful castle environment to explore. Adding-in detailed character models into an open environemnt may just put too much strain on the iPhone 4’s (and certainly the 3GS’s) hardware. Infinity Blade is powered by Unreal Engine 3, which is the engine behind many of this generation’s top console titles, including Batman: Arkham Asylum and Gears of War 2.
    http://www.fonehome.co.uk/2010/11/08...medium=twitter

I actually really really wish this was coming to Android.

Comment

They're working on a version of UE3 for android as well, so it might come out for that, but I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

Comment

Working...
      X