Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by BrOmMeRz View Post
    I would love to make a level for Gears 2 and 3 even though it is not coming to PC. I was wondering if an editor would by the way Im more of an Xbox user than PC I just make levels for fun as it will be something to do with my career in the future
    You will never be able to make any levels for Gears 2 or 3. Microsoft wants absolute control on what goes on their console and network so no 360 game will ever support user-created content in the way you're familiar with the term from the original Gears title.

The Reason why I ask for it to be in Third Person is because Gears of War is in Third Person as Unreal Tournament is in First Person
    Just because a game is in first-person mode does not make it a UT game, even if it's from Epic Games. There are thousands of other FPS games playable in first-person mode. Every game has a view the user can watch the game from. You have complete control over that camera in UDK.

But yes, the UDK is a tool used to create your own games. The UT resources available with the download are for demonstration purposes only to give examples of how things work and what's possible with the tools. You can use them yourself, but the UDK has no association with UT or Gears beyond the facts that they are powered the same engine and are made by the same people.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey would you help me with our game, Brom??
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...3#post27747543

Blade: But "behindview" is only console command, you can use it only temporary... I'm true?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Brom, UDK is for making your own games, not modding UT or Gears.

No, you can't import Gears or UT stuff into UDK.

Try the "behindview" console command.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks dude looks complicated lol but il get working on it do you also know were I can get a marcus model to import for the lastest UDK if not dont worry thanks again you helped loads : )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well, everytime (i think) is better Unrealscript than kismet... Hey! I think i found tutorial for exactly gears of war camera!
    http://www.disturbedprogrammer.com/i...ials&Itemid=63

And sorry i played it too little so i can't help you with second part.... :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Warpdie|Cz View Post
    hmm sorry if i dont understand your question but if you ask if you can create third person game, my answer is yes... you can do what view u want (via Unrealscript or Kismet)
    well that's half my question answered do you know were I can get the code for unreal script or the actions need to be taken for unreal Kismet for that view ?

and my other half question you'd probably only understand if you have played Gears of War PC editor have you ?

thanks by the way

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmm sorry if i dont understand your question but if you ask if you can create third person game, my answer is yes... you can do what view u want (via Unrealscript or Kismet)

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Im having Trouble with UDK..

Im having Trouble with UDK..

Iv always made levels for Gears of War PC in the Editor it came with but up until recently I'v moved on to the new updated Beta versions UDK. The October issue and well the transition was fairly easy and the improved graphics are a delight Im disappointed at the fact it seems to be aimed at the people who wish to create Unreal Tournament games and not Gears of War. So I was wondering if their is anyway to import Gears of War files into UDK or if anyone has made their own for UDK. Iv looked everywhere and found nothing also if not that how do I make it when I build a level that I see it in third person and not first person view. Thanks a Bunch people because I would love to make a level for Gears 2 and 3 even though it is not coming to PC. I was wondering if an editor would by the way Im more of an Xbox user than PC I just make levels for fun as it will be something to do with my career in the future

The Reason why I ask for it to be in Third Person is because Gears of War is in Third Person as Unreal Tournament is in First Person
Working...
X