Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The very first UDK-powered commercial game, The Ball, is released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The very first UDK-powered commercial game, The Ball, is released!

The Ball has been released on Steam!

We at Epic want to wish Sjoerd and everyone at Teotl Studios and Tripwire great luck in the release of their new game, "The Ball"

We are very excited for the release!

Be sure to pick it up at http://store.steampowered.com/app/35460/

• mygaming.co.za – 9/10 “The Ball is a fun first person puzzle-adventure game which stands out for its great design, simple yet enthralling gameplay, and entirely reasonable price.”
    • gamerlimit.com – 8.5/10 “For $20, it’s hard to say no to a game this unique, interesting, and rewarding.”
    • gamersnexus.net – 7.7/10 “The next Portal.”
    • videogamesand4videos.blogspot.com (Italian) – “Will be remembered as one of the best puzzle game of all time.”
    • lorehound.com – “The Ball is a great game, well made and well paced, with carefully designed puzzles and a highly unique concept”
    • diygamer.com – “The Ball is something you must experience. It’s effortlessly clever stuf….As if making your mind up wasn’t already simple enough, the $20 price point is more than reasonable. The Ball is sure to be one of the underground hits (excuse the pun) of the year”

I have a Steam Code for one of you lucky forum members! Please let me know if you win so I can take the code down
    removed
    Thank you to Yoshiro at http://www.tripwireinteractive.com/ for the code!

Comment

Thanks Flak! The steam is downloading the game but crashed, not sure if it worked.

I wish good luck to the game developers!

Comment

Yeah if you entered it, you should have it! Congrats Saishy!

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
          Yeah if you entered it, you should have it! Congrats Saishy!
          Yup, it's working. Thanks again ^^

Just a thought, but Isn't 20 bucks too high for a first title?

Comment

IGN gave it a 7.0(decent) Not bad for first time AAA title for a Indie Studio

Comment

Originally posted by Saishy View Post
              Yup, it's working. Thanks again ^^

Just a thought, but Isn't 20 bucks too high for a first title?
              I'd say $20 is typically considered to be value-priced.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
                I'd say $20 is typically considered to be value-priced.
                I guess you are right, it's just more expensive here because of monetary conversion issues :2

I gave my copy to my friend and I will buy another one to me xD

Comment

I bought this (Got the pre-order bonus Killing Floor character)

Great game, really shows off what can be done in the UDK

Comment

Played the demo was very fun looks like a buy for me when the money comes in

Comment

It was a £13 pre-order for the boxed copy on Amazon - I'd say that was pretty reasonable.

Comment

My best wishes to its devs. Great experience so far.

Comment

bought it for $20, b/c I forgot to get it like I planned pre-order, hah. Great game, altho I'm just past the intro/1st level.

Comment

Great game very much worth it!

Comment

Thanks a lot people!

The Ball has just became available on GamersGate, Impulse, our own website, and thanks to Wendros can now be found across stores in Scandinavia!

[screenshot]http://www.theballthegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/box2.jpg[/screenshot]

Coinciding with the release, we now got a demo available! Ready for you try to out! Afraid of the concept? Not sure what to expect? Then give our demo a go! It doesn’t bite, it’ll only try to crush you

And if that wasn’t enough yet, how about a whole batch of new reviews?
                              # incgamers.com – 8.2/10 – “The Ball is inventive, creative and something refreshing”
                              # zeden.net (French) – “A very good puzzle game… the player will be satisfied for sure”
                              # trgamer.com (Turkish) – 8/10
                              # gaminglives.com – “This game deserves support, it is easily my favourite downloadable game of 2010 so far, and I cannot recommend it more highly to fans of the genre”
                              # 9lives.be – 8.3/10 “The Ball is an exceptional good game… One of the most suprising games this year”
                              # azerothtozork – “There is a lot to like, especially for $20.”
                              # Gameplay Magazine (Dutch) – 8.3/10 “Simple but addictive… Ingenious puzzles and beautiful level design”
                              # tgdb.nl (Dutch) – 8.9/10 “A great game”
                              # Beyondunreal.com – 8.5/10 “The Ball offers a tremendous value and the level of polish is admirable.”

Buy the game now ! - Buy it directly from us to support us! - http://www.theballthegame.com/?page_id=926

Comment

Working...
                              X