UDK will not run large map??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK will not run large map??

Ok, so here's the problem: I'm currently in school and taking a video game design class that uses the UDK engine which is fine, but any time I get a level larger than 70mb built with UDK 09-2010 it crashes or will not handle it and locks up. Now, before any comments about sys specs I'm runing a quad core 3.0ghz and 8gb of ram with a 1 gig vid card and I'm not using any assests that dont come with UDK itself. Has any one else had issues with this and is there a way I can import my map with an alternate version of UDK (why this is an issue is beyond me, but I think I'd like to go back to the august version right about now as my level is due in a few days and I can't even work on it). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -KW1K-

OBTW the level was built with the 09-2010 UDK

Originally posted by KW1K View Post
    OBTW the level was built with the 09-2010 UDK
    Yes, you've stated that already..

Comment

Originally posted by mafiadude1 View Post
      Yes, you've stated that already..
      Very constructive of you...

--

TBH dude, I'd try to simply copy the level from your UDK folder and paste it into the UDK isntallation you want to use. Should be as simple as that, really.

Comment

August will refuse to load the package directly, so try selecting All in the September editor, hit copy, go to the August editor, and hit Paste.

Comment

Working...
        X