My BIG problem with the Gear of War Editor [VIDEO]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My BIG problem with the Gear of War Editor [VIDEO]

I know this is the UDK forum, but UDK and the Gears editor are almost identicle, & I know a good majority of you have both and are familiar with both, so here we go...

Guys, I made this VIDEO in hope that some of you will watch it, as it shows exactly what I am doing & what is happening. I posted on my spare youtube account, please go watch it. It will show you exactly what is going on with my editor..I DONT KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. I made this video because nobody has been able to solve my problem, & I'm postponing making all my current videos for my main channel because of this problem. Please help if you can! It would truly be appreciated...

[Note: I heard from a friend who had a similar problem, he said he had Cinema 4d on his first laptop and the editor, and he had problems. He said on his new laptop he doesn't have cinema 4d on it and the editor works fine. Cinema 4d is a modeling & animation program. Could another program on my computer cause this one to not work correctly??]

If I am understanding your problem correctly, you don't have a viewmode selected in that viewport. You need to select one in the viewport's toolbar.

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
      If I am understanding your problem correctly, you don't have a viewmode selected in that viewport. You need to select one in the viewport's toolbar.
      Thanks for the reply, I'm sorry to be such a newbie, but I don't quiet understand what you mean. I looked at the buttons around that box, & I don't see anythin about having or not having a viewmode? I assume each box is its own "viewport". But where do I go to select a viewmode? & after that what viewmode should I choose if there are choices?

Comment

These buttons above each viewport are used to select the viewmode:

(UDK screenshot, but it's the same concept)

Each one shows what's in the viewport in a different way. Lit and Unlit are probably going to be used most in the perspective viewport if you're just starting out.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldaron07 View Post
          These buttons above each viewport are used to select the viewmode:

(UDK screenshot, but it's the same concept)

Each one shows what's in the viewport in a different way. Lit and Unlit are probably going to be used most in the perspective viewport if you're just starting out.
          OK thank you. This has helped to make everything appear. I apologize I'm new at this, and such minor little errors can confuse and make the whole project a mess. It's working & I'm rebuilding a map now, I just hope I don't get any errors when I'm done like in the video.

Comment

WOW ok well for some reason, just loading it with that box selected, has taken away my error messages, made it so the map is actually there and normal, playable, & also other error message I have been receiving (for example everytime i closed the K it would give me an error message) they have gone away...I hope it stays this way, because I have been having many troubles with this program. Thanks you guys, without the responses I've been getting lately I would be totally lost..thanks you guys a lot.

Comment

move thread to GOW2 forum please.. (moderators do you job)

It's all to often recently that NON UDK threads appear on the UDK forums.

Comment

Originally posted by saymoo View Post

Do not blame those posting here, it is because other modding parts of this forum are almost ghost town. Btw. i hope that bulletstorm will have editor, udk needs unreal based game that let fresh modders learn on and see how stuff is done.

Comment

Originally posted by saymoo View Post

I posted here because the Editor and UDK are really basically the exact same thing, so I thought that I could get help here, & I did. From a Super Moderator as well, & he didn't see a problem with it, so I think I'm ok.

When posting I believed that this was related to this forum and indeed it was and I got the help I needed, & I appreciate it. Nobody in GOW2 fourms knows anything about this at all, even in the mods section, like the guy above said, it's a ghost town.

Comment

Working...
                  X