Layers for Building maps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layers for Building maps.

I come from a Call of Duty map making background, and in the mod tools for the COD series there was a layer system that i could keep track of my items that i was putting and building in my map. is there a such system that i can use to put meshes in and be able to hide them when i need to see something in the orthographic views without having to select each mesh and hide it?

I think this is probably what you're after:
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Group...Reference.html

Comment

ah yes perfect, thanks very much.

this is exactly what i was looking for althogh.. the items can be hidden in the orthographic views but they are still visible in the Perspective view, any ideas why, or how to fix that?

Comment

I don't do enough of the level designing to ever use that trick.
        One thing I know to check for is to make sure that you're perspective view isn't in Game View mode. It's a button at the top of the view port. I think it has a G on it, maybe? When that's active, a lot of the editor only icons and controls get disabled so that you can see a final result.

Comment

OK i checked for that, and that didn't work, however the static meshes did hide when i unchecked that box though.. oh well i guess ill deal with it, thanks again Wyld.

Comment

W (un)hides static meshes in the selected viewport, which will remove your ortho line clutter I think. Also, check the little down-triangle thing at the left of the viewport header, it hides a huge menu of view options and stuff which also serves as a hotkey reminder for the ones that have them.

Comment

I can't keep my groups from being cleared out. I can't say exactly when it happens, but I've yet to see a group created stay grouped.

Comment

Originally posted by Tickster View Post
                ah yes perfect, thanks very much.

this is exactly what i was looking for althogh.. the items can be hidden in the orthographic views but they are still visible in the Perspective view, any ideas why, or how to fix that?
                I think it only takes effect in the currently selected viewport, and it'll take effect in the other viewports when you do something in them.

Comment

Working...
                X