About ImageGrain in September build..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About ImageGrain in September build..

I remember reading about image grain in shadows (making them.. well, grainier) somewhere but is there any UDN doc with more details? Or is there a way to see the difference when you tweak it inside editor?

I can't tell the difference when setting it to 1.0 even. Maybe that's because I am using one dynamic light in outdoor environment and this is only visible in dark indoor environments? (or with spot lights only?)

Anyone?

Have you enabled it within the post processing chain first? The grain is also overlayed ontop of the entire scene and not just on the shadows. To view inside the editor it is best to put your Perspective view on Game Mode (Press G on your keyboard).

Comment

Originally posted by NightClucker View Post
      Have you enabled it within the post processing chain first? The grain is also overlayed ontop of the entire scene and not just on the shadows. To view inside the editor it is best to put your Perspective view on Game Mode (Press G on your keyboard).
      Um, apparently, I didn't have any post processing chain at all for my levels.. which explains some missing effects I have been banging my head against desk about for my levels so far. Needless to say, a quick search on UDN made my eyes go wide with horror..

It works now, thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X