UDK on Multiple PCs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK on Multiple PCs?

Anyway of working on the same UDK map/level on Multiple PCs over a network?

This can be done, I have a hunch, since it's an open beta license. I'm assuming that would make this legal to do. It's not like running a game off of Steam that you're only allowed one or two simultaneous installs. I'd just set up a GMail account on top of your primary one just in case. Because I'm not too sure whether or not you can install multiple PCs off the same e-mail. Could be wrong.

EDIT: Oops, my bad, guess it's just downloading without jumping through hoops. Last time I downloaded UDK was back in April or May, and things were set up differently then. Seems like Epic almost wanted to know your life history before now. Glad that they made UDK easier to download.

Comment

The question was about using two or more installations of UDK at the same time to work on a single level at the same time. Not about how many installations you can have (unlimited by the way).

Comment

Well, okay, that's different. Yes, you can have multiple PCs set up, it'll involve copying your project on a USB drive, and pasting off the thumb drive to your other PCs in their respective CookedPC folders.

Comment

Not simultaneously, no. But you can have a separate level for lights, a separate level for sounds, whatever you like really; and then load them all up at the same time at the start of the game. That way your sound guy can work at the same time as your level builder and so on.

Comment

Unless you were maybe transferring a level from a desktop to a laptop or something, then that way you could work on your level on the road, and update that progress to the desktop when you return home. That could be a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by WedgeBob View Post
              This can be done, I have a hunch, since it's an open beta license. I'm assuming that would make this legal to do. It's not like running a game off of Steam that you're only allowed one or two simultaneous installs. I'd just set up a GMail account on top of your primary one just in case. Because I'm not too sure whether or not you can install multiple PCs off the same e-mail. Could be wrong.

EDIT: Oops, my bad, guess it's just downloading without jumping through hoops. Last time I downloaded UDK was back in April or May, and things were set up differently then. Seems like Epic almost wanted to know your life history before now. Glad that they made UDK easier to download.
              um.. lol.. the download page hasn't changed, except for adding new releases to it. Maybe you got it from a mirror on some other site that asked for info.

Comment

Originally posted by WedgeBob View Post

Are you sure you're thinking of UDK? We've never asked for more than an email address.

Comment

I think it was from a Google search I did for UDK back during the late winter/early spring months of this year. I could of sworn it was from UDK.com, but that's uncertain.

Comment

Dropbox would likely be about the best you could do in this scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
                      Dropbox would likely be about the best you could do in this scenario.
                      A subversion style system that works especially well with binary files would be a million times better.

Comment

Working...
                      X