Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabling double-tap controls - please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabling double-tap controls - please help!

In our game we have gone through the udkinput.ini file manually disabling controls to allow only certain commands in-game. However there is nowhere in the file we can disable the double-tap (pressing any directional arrow twice in quick succession) which gives a quick boost of speed to a character.

Is there anyway we can disable this unique command? Anyone's help is much appreciated.

Override the functions that do it in your PlayerController?

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. Can this be done via kismet?

Comment

No, it can't.

Comment

bCanDodge=False
          MaxMultiJump = 0

Default properties of your pawn

Comment

^ Actually, come to think of it, if you can access those properties via kismet, then I guess it may be possible.

Comment

Yes but why access them via kismet if it is like that the whole game? Unless its not then that may be convenient.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys - but I only know some basic programming through kismet. Where could I find the properties of bCanDodge and MaxMultiJump? I'm sure it could be possible through kismet surely.....

Comment

Default properties of your Pawn, as MasterCheese said

Comment

Just in case you still didnt figure it out if you are that much of a beginner (we all start somewhere). Here is a basic pawn script if you dont already have one.

(Save as MyPawn.uc)
                    Code:
                    class MyPawn extends UTPawn;

defaultproperties
                    {
                            bCanDodge=False
                    	MaxMultiJump = 0	
                    }
                    That should get you on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by kabal07 View Post
                      Thanks for the replies guys - but I only know some basic programming through kismet. Where could I find the properties of bCanDodge and MaxMultiJump? I'm sure it could be possible through kismet surely.....
                      It really is better to script these kind of things then have it using level-dependant kismet, which isn't designed for fiddling with the mechanics of the game pawns.

Comment

I have a FAQ file (notepad :P) with all the small tweaks I keep on making so here's how you do it.. CnP..

Q. How to disable player dodging?
                        - In Pawn.uc class file, add the following (default properties)
                        DodgeSpeed=0.0
                        DodgeSpeedZ=0.0

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Q. How to disable double jump?
                        - In Pawn.uc class file, add the following (default properties)
                        MaxMultiJump=0
                        MultiJumpRemaining=0
                        MultiJumpBoost=-0.0
                        bCanDoubleJump=false // This is for AI

Hope this helps.

Comment

do not modify the base classes in engine, unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing and why.

Follow the instructions on how to properly setup your own packages, and extend your own versions of these classes.

(this is all under the Documentation link)

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
                            do not modify the base classes in engine, unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing and why.

Oh right, forgot to mention, my tweaks are in my own custom package setup. I wrote down these "tips" in a file as I keep working so I don't bother adding all the extra detail there (about setting custom scripts and all).

So yeah, add these values in your own extended script files. Will work just fine.

Comment

Working...
                            X