Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The results of the UDK Game Developer Roundtables are now published!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The results of the UDK Game Developer Roundtables are now published!

Hey again and thanks for everyone's interest in my idea and most especially, to those who came out to each chat. Now the time is finally here where the site is complete enough to put up a beta, and so I'm putting these posts up with it.

http://www.ensemblog.com

The result is a feature containing 11 pages of thoughts from all sides of the community. In one group were your typical casual UDK users, for the most part, some aspiring for glory perhaps, and in the other group was a bunch of guys who have either done very well in competitions like MSUC, worked for game studios, or otherwise done significant work with recognized mods.

So each group was asked the same questions, for the most part, and I believed this would highlight some significant differences in the way each group plans indie game projects, among other things. That turned out to be true, and so I hope it will be of some benefit to all of you because it really addresses a lot of the typical kind of questions you see here all too often.

Beyond the scope of these 2 roundtables, I'd also like to invite the rest of you now, to join and through the UDK Users group I've set up, further live discussions can be arranged and done on small or large scale and published. In this way we can create a new and different kind of documentation / help format which emphasizes mentorship - such live chats can be used to give 1 on 1 help much more easily than a forum, for one thing, and then share the resulting knowledge with others having the same issues.

"We fiendishly pit two sworn groups of enemies against each other in a razor sharp barbed wire cage, let loose a bloodthirsty swarm of killer bees, and see which group comes out alive!"

Lol @ your Don King marketing

Comment

I'm still recovering from it.

Comment

Hehe. Yeah, that second one turned out pretty epic in scope.

Comment

Was quite an interesting little read. I'm kinda jealous of the skill level of some devs...

Comment

Man that Alex guy comes off as a jerk lol.

Comment

It's not really "versus" unless you're asking the same questions of two different groups .. which is what I thought was going to happen to begin with. Might as well just call it a discussion panel

Comment

Blade: Huh? It is two different groups.

Comment

yeah, my bad, i didn't even notice the questions were the same. The answers were so varied, I kind of forgot what the questions were when I was there. I also didn't have time to complete the whole questionaire. my bad.

Comment

Well that kind of underscores it, I mean, even with the exact same questions, it went in radically different directions in some respects.

Comment

Working...
                    X