Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

udk to xbox360

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• udk to xbox360

ok well i was reading though some program files and saw that there was some scripting that included the xbox controlers
    e.g. start, back, A,B,Y,X ext.

and i was wondering if any1 knew how to export there game as a xbox 360 game.

i would very much like this as my college computer will not be able to take my final project and given the amount of detail put in to it i would exremly like people at are end of year show to see what iv done.

the only thing in my hole college which will be able to take the level of graphics are the xbox 360's so please can someone either tell me a quick how to guide or tutorial link...

thankyou

<3 x.X. Catie.f X.x.

You can't do it with UDK.

Comment

im pritty sure u can or they wont have it in the defualtinput.ini file

Comment

The license Epic provides for the UDK cannot include a license to deploy a game on the 360 with third-party tools (like the UDK). Support for any other platform that's not PC requires a development kit from that platform's developer. For the 360, you'd have to contact Microsoft about their Tools and Middleware Program.

Comment

The engine supports the use of an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, but no you can't use it to create Xbox 360 games

Comment

if you want to make a 360 game, you need an UE3 license and as mentioned a 360 dev kit (licensed)

Comment

if u had a wired controller could u plug in to pc so it would work???

Comment

Yes, or wireless. Both work fine with PC, after you install the Windows XBox 360 controller drivers from Microsoft.

Comment

If you're on Vista or Seven, the drivers are also preinstalled

Comment

I wonder if UDK uses these configurations for a plug-in usb controller? I play Crisis on my laptop with the usb controller, it might be there for that purpose.

Comment

It only works by default with a 360 pad.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                        If you're on Vista or Seven, the drivers are also preinstalled
                        OMG, this just keeps getting better!

No sarcasm, I mean it.

Comment

Originally posted by the taco ninja View Post
                          if u had a wired controller could u plug in to pc so it would work???
                          It's a PC... you could plug controllers in it... maybe plug it into your HDTV... it'll work.

If you can do it on the 360 (or any console), you can do it on the PC unless it's a specific piece of software that hasn't been programmed for the PC yet (and if the console is too new to be emulated on the PC... or the console manufacturer threatens lawsuit for breaking encryption to make an emulator).

But yeah... the PC can do anything that someone programmed it to do within its performance rating -- unlike consoles that can do anything that someone programmed it to do after asking for permission and paying a royalty to the platform owner within its performance rating.

Comment

I got a question relating to this topic. I'm just wondering, is it POSSIBLE to export a game make in udk onto a disc which can be played on the Xbox 360?

I'm not asking about Microsoft licenses, I'm not asking am I ALLOWED to, I'm asking is it POSSIBLE to play a udk game on the Xbox 360? CAN it be done?

Comment

No, it can't be done, UDK only compiles games for PC/iOS, those won't work directly on an Xbox 360

Comment

Working...
                              X