Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Legal Question

Alright Question 1:

- I asked if I could do a video and sell it regarding tutorial of UDK. I got the answer YES. Which is good. Problem is , what if I use speedtree in the video ? Since speedtree is another thing by it self would it be illegal if I sell a video tutorial of udk with speed tree inside without a speed tree license ?

Question 2:

- Same question as above but this time destributing a game with speed tree inside but only holding a udk license and not speed tree.

The version of speedtree is not the full version of speedtree, it's more like a demo with very limited functionality compared to what you get if you were to buy a license. You can distribute a game that uses speedtree included with UDK,

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
      The version of speedtree is not the full version of speedtree, it's more like a demo with very limited functionality compared to what you get if you were to buy a license. You can distribute a game that uses speedtree included with UDK,

Yes but the game nor the video tutorial are free. Both are commercial. Will it still be alright to sell both of them even though it contains speed tree ( trees )

Comment

Yes, you can do both as long as the tutorial doesn't go over the same things as other tutorials. You can release a commercial game with it. As long as it's just used with UDK you can use the Speedtree stuff that comes with it.

Comment

Ask Epic:
          Licensing (at) epicgames.com

Comment

speedtree included with the UDK is fully covered by UDK's licensing scheme.

Comment

Working...
            X